• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

wheel advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter 67GTA-FB429
  • Start date Start date Jan 2, 2004
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Jan 2, 2004
#1
  • Jan 2, 2004
  • #1
As I complete mysion upgrades I am turing my eyes towards wheels and tires. I want to put Vintage 50s, 16x8, 225/50/16 front and 255/50/16 rear. Has any one done these tire sizes on a 67? Any advice, recommendations, bashings...
 

68converted

Member
Nov 19, 2003
772
0
16
Colorado
Jan 2, 2004
#2
  • Jan 2, 2004
  • #2
67GTA-FB429 said:
As I complete mysion upgrades I am turing my eyes towards wheels and tires. I want to put Vintage 50s, 16x8, 225/50/16 front and 255/50/16 rear. Has any one done these tire sizes on a 67? Any advice, recommendations, bashings...
Click to expand...

My buddy just put the 16x8 ten spokes (Vin 50's on his) but he kept the tires the same for rotation purposes. He went with 245's. Looks real nice!! I called vintage and asked if they plan to make a 17 in the 50's and they said NO! Never! Nice choice on wheels!!!!
 
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Jan 2, 2004
#3
  • Jan 2, 2004
  • #3
245 up front? That is pretty big, how did he squeeze all of that under there?

Do you have any pics?
 

dodgestang

Active Member
Dec 15, 2003
1,360
0
37
Cecil County, MD
Jan 2, 2004
#4
  • Jan 2, 2004
  • #4
67GTA-FB429 said:
As I complete mysion upgrades I am turing my eyes towards wheels and tires. I want to put Vintage 50s, 16x8, 225/50/16 front and 255/50/16 rear. Has any one done these tire sizes on a 67? Any advice, recommendations, bashings...
Click to expand...

This will help

http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire Fitment Guide 67-8.pdf
 
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Jan 2, 2004
#5
  • Jan 2, 2004
  • #5
Dodgestang: I have seen your chart, it is awesome.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Wheel backspacing
  • Brad Hanks
  • Sep 25, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
621
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 25, 2025
Brad Hanks
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
182
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
H
New here and thanks
  • HoosierD420
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
102
The Welcome Wagon Aug 30, 2026
HoosierD420
H
H
Best tire size for 91 Fox 18x9 wheels. On coilovers
  • hassler
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
520
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2026
KRUISR
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
209
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?