Wheel hop after UCA/LCA install

jivepepper

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2002
Under a Sombrero. in WV.
I have recently installed CHE double adjustable uppers with sheprical bushings on the torque box side and new poly carrier bushings on the diff side. The lowers are CHE also but the are solids wilh poly/derlin bushings/bearings. I have also removed the quad shocks.

I have not adjusted my pinion angle yet and just adjusted them to the lenght of the stock control arms. Would a bad pinion angle cause wheel hop? Because when I'm in the burnout box and try to do a burnout it's hopping on me.

• Sponsors (?)

jack the car up and support the rear axle with jack stands. Loosed up all the connecting bolts and then retighten them. You have to preload the rear before tightening cause that is how the car is loaded while driving. After that set your pinion angle around 2 or 3* for a solid/poly bushing combo. Doing those things should help with the hop. Also check your shocks to make sure they are still good.

Try and loosen everything up and let it settle, maybe tighten it with the car weighted

jack the car up and support the rear axle with jack stands. Loosed up all the connecting bolts and then retighten them. You have to preload the rear before tightening cause that is how the car is loaded while driving. After that set your pinion angle around 2 or 3* for a solid/poly bushing combo. Doing those things should help with the hop. Also check your shocks to make sure they are still good.

There's likely the answer...