Wheel Spacers on vert GT02

elgouna

Jan 8, 2004
Hello everyone! This is my first post on Stangnet... pretty excited about it :)

I have a couple of quick questions. I am looking into getting spacers for the rear wheels of my 02 vert GT. The tires are the 245/45/17 stock and she has not been dropped from her factory height. Has anyone here put spacers on stock bullitt wheels? Do 25mm, 30mm or 35mm give that "flush with the body" look without rubbing? Should I worry about rubbing even if the car has not been been dropped? I tried to mesure the gap between the top of the tire and the inside of the fender but it is quite difficult to figure out if 25mm, 30mm or even 35mm is the ideal "flush look" with no rubbing. The wheel is much lower than the fender when the stang is not dropped... Finally, everybody talks about H & R's, does anyone know of any other quality spacers?

Ok, that's a lot of questions for one post. Sorry about that :(

I will appreciate any help :)

• Sponsors (?)

I'm using the spacers on my 78 Cobra to keep the rim from contacting the upper control arm at full lock because of the difference in backspacing with the new wheels. I'm running 17x10.5s on the back of my 02 GT with 315s no need for spacers on this car.

Thanks for the help Jeff! I heard a guy say that whatever size you think the spacer should be for the wheel to be perfectly flush with the body, get one size smaller. If nobody here has tried this set up (stock bullitt wheels with a spacer), I am probably going to end up getting 25mm. Whatever the case may be, it is going to look better than it does now and I am almost certain I won't have to worry about rubbing...