• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Wheel spacing question

  • Thread starter Thread starter golf4283
  • Start date Start date Mar 4, 2008

golf4283

Active Member
May 30, 2003
1,253
1
39
Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 4, 2008
#1
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #1
Ok so I just want to know from you guys what length of spacer I need for my 1966 mustang.

I currently have a front Granada swap and a lincoln versailles rear-end

The wheels I am using are stock 2005-7 GT wheels with the stock offset etc.
I'm buying this deal here. http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=8059

I just have no clue what sized wheel spacers I need to run with this setup.
 

rbohm

Founding Member
Apr 12, 2002
6,698
550
204
tucson,az
Mar 4, 2008
#2
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #2
a 1 1/4" thick adapter is usually what people use. some use a 1" thick adapter though. either works well.
 

golf4283

Active Member
May 30, 2003
1,253
1
39
Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 4, 2008
#3
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #3
What spacing could I use if I go with an 01-04 bullitt wheel?
 
T

tweet66

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
589
0
17
Pennsauken, NJ
Mar 4, 2008
#4
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #4
01-04 Bullitts have a 5.72" backspacing so they require a 1" spacer/adapter all around to achieve the recommended 4.75". That's what I currently have on my coupe. I did have to use a 1.25" spacer on the rear but I have a Maverick 8" housing which is narrower. The 05 and later Stang 17" wheels have a 6.3125" backspace which would require an 1.25" to 1.5" spacer depending on how close the inner rim falls to the upper control arm up front. I have a set of 05 GT wheels that I was going to use with new spacers but no one makes an 1.75" spacer I need for the rear. The wheels I have are the ones in the attched pic, not my car though.
 

Attachments

  • coupe with wheels.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 220

golf4283

Active Member
May 30, 2003
1,253
1
39
Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 4, 2008
#5
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #5
I think im gonna go with the 01-04' bullitts. I am gonna see if I can have done like what mustangsteve did and cut the front wheels down to 17x7. Not do it myself obviously but have a reputable shop do it.
 

golf4283

Active Member
May 30, 2003
1,253
1
39
Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 12, 2008
#6
  • Mar 12, 2008
  • #6
Ok so I have gone with 2001 Bullitt rims and I bought a wheel adapter kit with 1" spacing in the front and 1/2" spacing in the rear. I was wondering what tires I can fit in the front and rear.
Setup is as follows
Front: Shelby drop
Rear: Lincoln Versailles 9" with 5 leaf mid-eye springs.

I was hoping to not have to roll the fenders and I honestly don't even know whats involved in that. I was also hoping to fit a 235 in the front and a 245 or greater in the rear but it seems I might be limited to 245 without rolling the fender.

Any suggestions and also maybe explaining how to roll the lip.

Thanks.
 

golf4283

Active Member
May 30, 2003
1,253
1
39
Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 12, 2008
#7
  • Mar 12, 2008
  • #7
Oh just to make sure I don't get yelled at. I was reading on dodgestangs wheel tire charts and am still unsure what I can fit.
 

golf4283

Active Member
May 30, 2003
1,253
1
39
Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 13, 2008
#8
  • Mar 13, 2008
  • #8
bump for some help.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
204
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Rear Disc and Rims Offsets
  • TripleYellow
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 9, 2026
TripleYellow
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
180
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
229
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
M
Engine Unexplainable Exhaust Pop and Gurgle
  • Mrnissen122
  • Feb 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
694
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 18, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?