When I drive too long at 4-5000 RPM, My 4V...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Snarf said:
Do the rest of us 4v'ers a favor and go drive your car off a cliff, you're an idiot.

I bet the next thread you'll post will be something like 'When I run my 4v at 6500+ rpm for 25 minutes straight it startes to melt things.. why is this?'

I think you should be driving a Honda bro.

F off mega-mouth! You're an idiot.

What a moron!

i dont know why my dad and i even got into FE's its SOOOOO expensive LOL. We have a 67 stang with a 427 that we sent to keith kraft and had him bore it to a 489..the car ran 9.90s at world ford challenge 7

Dang this thread progresses fast!

I replied before I read the entire way through it. My bad, no harm, no foul. I hope you can sorta straighten the problem all out man. it does sound like perhaps the IMRC is gunked up like wa earlier mentioned.

Modular2v said:
i dont know why my dad and i even got into FE's its SOOOOO expensive LOL. We have a 67 stang with a 427 that we sent to keith kraft and had him bore it to a 489..the car ran 9.90s at world ford challenge 7
I had a 67 fairlane GTA that ran 11's with a 406. I searched for 5 years and finally found 3 427's for it but I never got the chance to put one in the car. I still have the motors 2 highrisers and 1 tunnel port but they are buried in my dads farm shop. If I ever give up on the 4.6 in my car I thought about dropping one of those and a C6 in. That would be fun :nice:

Modular2v said:
wow...highrisers! we have a set of mediumriser heads with about 2500$ of porting and headwork done!
Thats probably what it would take to get these heads done both of them were beat pretty hard and they are basically trashed. But they can be rebuilt.

One of the things I thought was neat is the similarities between the 4.6 and the 427 bottom end. If you ever get a chance to compare the two right next to each other do it they are almost identical.

lesson one of forums, read the entire ****ing thread :rolleyes:

If you haven't done it already, I'd suggest flushing and refilling all fluids, just so you know where you are to begin with. Pushing the driveline hard will tax the cooling system if done for an extended period of time. As far as throwing a code at low RPMs on the highway, my '91 firebird with ~117k miles threw a code doing that, turns out it was the EGR taking a crap on me :nonono: I found that out by doing the old paper clip trick, something not available to us later model owners.

The 1st reply in this thread was fairly harsh, so I can understand why it got ugly. Perhaps we can salvage this thread instead of it being an embarassment to the site.

You have to pull the code. Nobody is going to be able to offer any decent advice without it. Until the code is known, it's all guesswork. Some auto parts chains will retreive the code for you in hopes of selling you a part. Get the code number & description, & we can go from there.

****You have to pull the code. Nobody is going to be able to offer any decent advice without it. Until the code is known, it's all guesswork. Some auto parts chains will retreive the code for you in hopes of selling you a part. Get the code number & description, & we can go from there.****

Thanks Curt. A bottom line answer. I appreciate that. I presumed that someone else may have experienced this condition and could offer a short answer.

I also apologize to EVERYONE HERE at StangNet!

tygr1 said:
****You have to pull the code. Nobody is going to be able to offer any decent advice without it. Until the code is known, it's all guesswork. Some auto parts chains will retreive the code for you in hopes of selling you a part. Get the code number & description, & we can go from there.****

Thanks Curt. A bottom line answer. I appreciate that. I presumed that someone else may have experienced this condition and could offer a short answer.

I also apologize to EVERYONE HERE at StangNet!

Its kinda like a big happy disfunctional family.

Hey there fellas, take it down a notch. There is no reason to get hacked at each other. tygr 1, be more specific in your posts... everyone else, don't jump down anyone's throat without knowing the whole story. When u assume it makes an a$$ out of u and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.