When i turn the ignition switch the car doesent start right away!

• Sponsors (?)

It takes 5 seconds before it will crank or before it will catch?

If it's 5 seconds just to crank, check the battery and battery connections.

If it's 5 seconds of cranking (before it will catch), then prime the fuel pump a couple of times before you actually try to start it. If it fires up immediately, it's likely a FP check valve, FPR or filter issue. More diagnostics would be needed.

Good luck.

It takes 5 seconds before it will crank or before it will catch?

If it's 5 seconds just to crank, check the battery and battery connections.

If it's 5 seconds of cranking (before it will catch), then prime the fuel pump a couple of times before you actually try to start it. If it fires up immediately, it's likely a FP check valve, FPR or filter issue. More diagnostics would be needed.

Good luck.

it's 5 seconds before it cranks...today it took way longer and i had to turn the key like 3 times. I will check my battery soon as I get home.

it's 5 seconds before it cranks...today it took way longer and i had to turn the key like 3 times. I will check my battery soon as I get home.

You can also drop the panels on the steering column and hook up a meter to measure the voltage of the starter wire....when you go to crank it, you should see 12volts flowing....and if it doesnt come for that 5 second period you know its the ignition switch. But if it comes immediately then u know to look further down the line. :shrug: