Where are the parts at??

OneWheelPeel

Dec 23, 2015
North Carolina
Hey everyone, haven't been here in a while and have been putting the fox to the side for a while now. Ive been getting back into finishing her up but can't seem to find the things I want in stock anymore. Things like the 302 rebuild kit from lmr or the trick flow top end kits. Are these sold out because of supply chain issues like the rest of the world? Or have I not looked in so long that these are discontinued now... Im scared the day is coming where these cars won't have the aftermarket support like they used to and we will have to pay a premium for classic car parts!

• Sponsors (?)

Sadly that is why in addition to a garage full of parts, I have a storage unit with everything from a full black interior, to t5 swap, rear disc setup, suspension, weatherstrip, moldings, wiring, disgtributors,, EEC's, exhaust, etc. could probably build 2 or 3 cars .. These parts are getting very hard to find and the prices getting stupid.
20211002_142236.jpg
Resized_20211002_142202.jpeg
20211002_142336.jpg
20211002_142210.jpg
20211002_142302.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah it’s crazy, I remember back in the early 2000s going to the junk yard and being able to get any trim piece you needed for next to nothing. Now people want $400 for a cargo shade . Covid defiantly has created shipping issues as sadly many things are stuck in a port not being unloaded

a 90 hatchback showed up in the local LKQ thursday. by the time i got there today the entire interior was stripped along with the A9P,AOD, hood , tail lights , dash and gauges . I did manage to score the EEC harness, Mass Air, Perfecct Leather wrapped steering wheel, clockspring ,a line lock kit and lines. perfec black hatch carpeting and some other do dads. It still had the 5.0 motor with headers on it, a set of no name caster camber plates and coil over shocks, a cheap but good aluminum radiator. I could have spent another day plucking things like trim, distrubitor, IAC, Pulleys, sensors etc. but i have so many at this point and it was almost 95 degrees out and i was gassed after 4 hours.