Where can I get a 1993 Mustang GT Body Kit?

ClayManLX

Sep 5, 2011
Connecticut
Does anyone have any information on where I can purchase a full Mustang GT Body kit? I am in the process of restoring a 1992 5.0 LX and I want to convert it to a GT. Need the body kit. Can't find it.. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for clicking the thread and sharing your thoughts!

• Sponsors (?)

Bear in mind that you are going to need front and rear bumper covers, left and right front fender extensions, left and right rocker panel moldings, left and right rocker panel molding extensions, rocker panel molding brackets and rivets, GT body side moldings (LX ones don't line up) and GT tailpipes or a GT cat-back. If you're planning on running GT fog lights, you'll need the fog light support bar and brackets, as well as the lights themselves. You'll also need to drill holes in the body to mount the rockers.

Bear in mind that you are going to need front and rear bumper covers, left and right front fender extensions, left and right rocker panel moldings, left and right rocker panel molding extensions, rocker panel molding brackets and rivets, GT body side moldings (LX ones don't line up) and GT tailpipes or a GT cat-back. If you're planning on running GT fog lights, you'll need the fog light support bar and brackets, as well as the lights themselves. You'll also need to drill holes in the body to mount the rockers.

Thank you very much for letting me know. Also, I have another question about the Cobra bumper & the GT bumper. I know the differences between the two. The Grill insert in the very center. The only confusing thing to me is the left and right front rocker panel extensions. Would I be able to buy to front bumper of a cobra and attach the front rocker panel extensions to it so they can match the GT side-skirts them selves? Or am I just asking for trouble. Also another reason why I am interested in doing this is because with the grill insert, It will not have the look of being cut out and placed.. It is MOLDED to the kit itself.. So will it be possible? By the way, Thank's for all of the help, Fellas.

Thank you very much for letting me know. Also, I have another question about the Cobra bumper & the GT bumper. I know the differences between the two. The Grill insert in the very center. The only confusing thing to me is the left and right front rocker panel extensions. Would I be able to buy to front bumper of a cobra and attach the front rocker panel extensions to it so they can match the GT side-skirts them selves? Or am I just asking for trouble. Also another reason why I am interested in doing this is because with the grill insert, It will not have the look of being cut out and placed.. It is MOLDED to the kit itself.. So will it be possible? By the way, Thank's for all of the help, Fellas.

Cobra front bumper is a GT front bumper with an added insert. They were never molded in, and can't be bought that way, even from the factory they were inserts.

Your side skirt question is confusing. There are front fender extensions, which attach to the front of the fenders and the front bumper cover. You also have a two piece side skirt that travels from the rear of the front fender arch to the rear wheel arch.

You can use cobra fender extensions with the GT bumper, they are essentially the same thing as the GT extensions, except instead of a scoop, they are smooth.

The side skirts are either GT or cobra, you can't mix and match because even though they are two pieces each, they are essentially setup backwards (one piece is long and one short) from each other, if that makes any sense.

IMHO go to the cervini website and look at the cobra conversion kit. you can choose to buy it with the stalker bumper or not. when I was doing my resto project I 1st started with rear bumper that 50rest carries ( original ford tooling) it fit for crap and I fixed/refinished my old one and sold the other. I didn't bother with the lrs front bumper since I have seen many of my buddies have to mess with them to get them to fit and even then they aren't that great ( some people can live with better than others). The cervini is a great kit of high quality. if that isn't an option then search craigslist/ebay and classifieds and local yards for the parts, they all can be refinished. I stripped all my 20yo GT skirts, extensions, etc some had minor spider cracks and the rear bumper had a little cut. very easy fix, strip them down to bare and you will be fine. nothing like OEM NOS in my book.

Thanks a lot for all of the info guy's. I decided to go with the cobra front bumper because seeing that the front fender extensions (Scoops) are just EXTENSIONS I can just buy them off of 50resto and add them on when I buy the rest of the kit itself. These are the ground effects that I have in mind. Cobra front bumper w/GT front fender extensions, GT side-skirts w/Rear fender extensions & a Cobra rear bumper. I was going to go with the original GT rear bumper but then I realized that you have to have your exhaust tips pointed down.. So I am going with the Cobra rear bumper to get my SLP Loudmouth Exhaust Straight Pipes. Gotta' see them chrome pipe's. Thanks to wythors' post I know exactly what I need. (minus everything for the GT rear bumper) Just need to find a good pair of GT Side-skirts and I will be set..

Thanks a lot guys!