Where can I get coolant bypass O-rings

I removed the coolant bypass pipe on my 01 Cobra, the one with the bleeder in it and I'm trying to replace the o-ring on either end of it before reinstalling but I can't find them anywhere.

I haven't checked the dealer but I can't believe a parts store wouldn't have something like this. I thought maybe I'm calling the by the wrong name or something.

Any help out there?

It sounds like you are referring to the "coolant crossover pipe" by the alternator, correct? If so, your local Ford parts department can order the o-rings for you (if they don't have any in stock).

If your local Ford parts dept isn't very competent and looks at you sideways when you inquire about said o-rings, try giving Steve at Tousley Ford in MN a call (Google for his info). Or, try any of the other "mustang friendly" Ford parts guys who cater to enthusiasts on the 'stang msg boards...

G'luck.

edit - found the part number via our handy search function:

391533-S100

o-rings are available separate, they are not the same part number as the t-stat o-ring. 391533-s100 should be the part number you are looking for, they go into the head. its a standard part number, not a normal part number if there is any confusion.

You are correct about the part number 391533-S100. The dealership I called didn't have any in stock but several other Ford dealers in town had 1 in stock. Of course I need 2
BTW, What's the difference between a standard part number and a normal part number?

+1 Napa carries 0-rings that are resistant to oil, ethylene glycol, gasoline, etc I bought all my o-rings there and have no trouble. Take your old o-ring or measure your old o-ring I.D., O.D. if you happen to not have an old one to measure, take your part down, Napa has a whole box of O-rings, they can fit to your part. Surprised at this thread because this was a no brainer for me. ha! Hope this helps others though. Don't go in Napa trying to use a part # they have a whole box of multiple o-rings and they do have anywhere from 1/8 I.D. 1/4 O.D. to 2 1/2 in or more. Just take an old one or a part so they can match it up at the counter. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid. By the way they are anywhere from .63 cents for a 1 1/8 I.D "crackpipe" water outlet on passenger side head size to .90 cents for a larger one.

Last edited: