Where do I buy an OEM clutch cable?

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
I doubt Ford dealers still sell em. I’ve looked on lmr and googled them but it seems like, based off their descriptions, it’s OEM STYLE. I heard decent things about steeda and Maximum Motorsports but would like to use a OEM cable instead. Or, any input on aftermarket cables would be cool too. I’ve always had a stock cable and quadrant in my cars, because I never had to replace them. I would like to upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

MM is as close as you are going to get. According to them, they went to the original supplier of Ford to have them made. The FRPP one does not last as long, I can tell you that.

Joe

I almost pulled the trigger on a mm cable and quadrant today but wanted to see what you guys thought, and or, ran in your cars.

There is no other cable besides the MM one . That’s how strongly I feel about it . Years of daily driving , track abuse etc and nothing comes close to feeling the same pedal wise

I have the MM cable and it's awesome. Much lighter pedal pressure than the other aftermarket cable I had. The only thing that sucks about it is that it is longer than stock so you have to play with the routing some.

Along with the quadrant I recommend the firewall adjuster. I like the UPR one.

MM has instructions on to properly adjust everything I would recommend following.

IIRC I went through 2 aftermarket cables inside a year. Then I got the MM one and zero issues since. Honestly I don't know how any of these Mustang parts companies get away selling the garbage they do.

Reactions: 1 user
I have the MM cable and it's awesome. Much lighter pedal pressure than the other aftermarket cable I had. The only thing that sucks about it is that it is longer than stock so you have to play with the routing some.

Along with the quadrant I recommend the firewall adjuster. I like the UPR one.

MM has instructions on to properly adjust everything I would recommend following.
So I can just buy the mm cable and piece the quadrant and adjuster separately? LMR doesn’t sell the cables by themselves. Maybe I have to visit the mm website. I have a steeda quadrant that came with one of the mustangs I bought a few years ago. I figure the aftermarkets quadrants are pretty much the same.

Last edited:
I just looked in my parts box and the quadrant is a 50resto. Not a steeda like it thought it was. It’s a double hook aluminum quadrant. To me, the quadrants are probably all the same. Maybe I’ll try the lethal stuff? :shrug:

Last edited: