Where does the EEC read RPM?

95BlackTan50

Oct 28, 2004
Does anyone know how the EEC gets the RPM signal? I recently replaced my distributor and noticed in my Tweecer datalogs that the RPM signal got very noisy. That would make me think that it gets RPM from the PIP signal but I wanted to check. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. That's what I was expecting to hear. I put in the new distributor and traded one problem (intermittent miss) for another (repeatable bogging and running like poo over 3000 RPM). As I stated before, the RPM datalog was very noisy with the new distributor. I'll be putting in a replacement distributor in tonight hopefully and see if that fixes all of my problems.

Sounds good. I didn't know what to make of your comment about DLing noise because I don't have an RT. I wasn't sure if finding any other possible sources of issue for the noise was being asked. If so, perhaps Mr Grady has some thoughts.

For the PIP itself, if a dizzy shaft has a weak bushing (common issue), then at higher RPM's the signal can start to get fuzzy (94-95's watch the rising and falling edge of the shudder profile). Just in case that's something worth checking...........

Good luck.

Well Barney

I'm with JT about wanting more info on the noise you see in your dataloggs :nice:

Only thing I could suspect is .............

Since I see you run CalEdit 1.30 .................

Is this more noise you speak of :shrug:
more of those famous data drop outs it is known for :fuss: :notnice: :chair:

Grady