Where does this go?

65poppy

Mar 29, 2008
OK, so when I disassembled my car, I carefully put this away and thought I would remember how to attach it. But alas, it has been such a long time I don't remember and can't seem to get it to line up with any of the existing holes. I know it protects the under dash wires from the wiper actuator. But I can't figure out how it goes back on the car. Does anyone have a good picture of exactly where this thing is under the dash?

Here's the part:

Cardboardprotector.jpg

And here's the area under the dash where it goes. It is supposed to protect the wires from rubbing against the wiper are actuator.

WiperArmActuator.jpg

I'm going to get some boardstock and make a new one. But I can't seem to figure out where this one attaches. It has 2 screws that fasten it, oneon each end. I've looked in several assembly books, wiring diagrams, exploded views, etc and nothing shows this piece. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Steve-o

• Sponsors (?)

That is the protector for under dash wiring adjacent to the wiper linkage as mentioned.

One of the fresh air intake nuts holds it in place, and once you align that one then the other should self explain. (I recall two fasteners)

I took mine out some months ago to refinish the drivers side fresh air "top hat" and that is why I know. I bought a new one for about $10.00 from Glazer Nolan.

Sparx