where does this wire connector go???

sallystrothers

Feb 23, 2008
I recently made the AOD-T5 swap and tore apart lots of the interior and steering column area and there is one connector left I can't find where it goes. I suspect it is part of the ignition circuit and furthermore I think one of the wires is the field signal to the alternator (red and green stripe). The reason I suspect it is that is my alternator is not charging the system when the car is on, I verified the issue is the regulator and the circuit diagram shows a 12v wire coming from the ignition and going through a dash light and 500ohm resistor.

Anyway, I looked around for a half hour under the car and can't find where this thing plugs into. I remember unplugging it from somewhere which is the funny part.

Attachments

• 100_1763.jpg
    100_1763.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Sponsors (?)

The connector itself is more of a flattened ellipse but the pins themselves are round. Do you mean the at the top of the actual dashboard or at the top of the steering column? Based on the length of the cable it looks like its supposed to plug into the circuitry closer to the steering wheel on the column.