Where to find MC from JMC hydraulic clutch?

richard10

Nov 11, 2004
I am doing long trips with my '66 mustang. Car has a JMC hydraulic clutch and I would like to have a spare master cylinder with me. I have asked JMC but they don't sel them separate. I do not like to pay 440 $ a second time for the whole kit.

Does anybody know where I can get the MC (with the bracket at an angle) at a reasenable price?

Thanks

Richard

• Sponsors (?)

If nobody but them can get them, they should sell it to me.
I am not looking for a cheap hydraulic clutch, I only need a spare part for a kit which I have already bought from them.

I find this very frustrating.

Richard

They used to sell it by itself, but the one company ruined it for us all. Did you try asking them if they would sell you just a rebuild kit ? If you need to pull the thing out for a swap, might as well throw a rebuild kit while your at it.

I have orderd the rebuild kit. It is on his way. (I live in Europe) It seams the only thing I can do is overhaul the thing at the side off the road if it fails. It is already leaking a bit.

Richard

I am doing long trips with my '66 mustang. Car has a JMC hydraulic clutch and I would like to have a spare master cylinder with me. I have asked JMC but they don't sel them separate. I do not like to pay 440 $ a second time for the whole kit.

Does anybody know where I can get the MC (with the bracket at an angle) at a reasenable price?

Thanks

Richard

Hello Richard,

i had the same thought. The cylinders are from cnc.
Look at the web page

http://www.cncbrakes.com/

You can ask them where to buy the stuff.

Markus

Markus,

I have tried that route. The problem is the bracket on the MC is on an angle to clear the brake booster. I understand they are normal CNC cylinders with no bracket and JMC welds the bracket on it under an angle.

To make shure I have contacted CNC, but they say I can only have them via JMC.

So it is simple, you by a kit from $440 and when something breaks down you just by a new kit from 440$.

Richard

Yes Richard you are right. The master cylinder is modified my jmc.:notnice:
The slave cylinder is not modified.
I asked jmc last year for a master cylinder with a bigger stroke. They told me that they have a master with 1.75 inch stroke for about $140.-
But why do they not sale a single standard cylinder :shrug:

Not a good business :mad:

Markus