Where to get speedo gear?

• Sponsors (?)

ive got a question...sorry if it gets asked over and over again....

i just bought my 93 GT and it has white face gauges in it. the speedo goes from 0-220 or somethin. It says im doin like 50 or so when im really doin like 30 or so?? i dunno i just wondered if i needed a new speedo gear? :shrug: i assume i do? would i go to the same place? a dealership?

To get your speedo to be correct with those 4.30's you are going to need a 21 tooth speedo gear and you are going to have to drop to a 6 tooth drive gear as well. This will be the most accurate for you.

93GTosu - you are going to have to get your speedo recalibrated to get it correct with it going that high. You have 2 options, send it in somewhere like brothers performance and have them recalibrate it or you can get new white faced guages that read up to 140 which is stock for your 93 and install those in your car. The second option will be much cheaper but it is up to you.

93GTosu said:
ive got a question...sorry if it gets asked over and over again....

i just bought my 93 GT and it has white face gauges in it. the speedo goes from 0-220 or somethin. It says im doin like 50 or so when im really doin like 30 or so?? i dunno i just wondered if i needed a new speedo gear? :shrug: i assume i do? would i go to the same place? a dealership?

It sounds like your speedo is reading km/hr - the mph should be in smaller figures inside of the larger figures. Do you know what gears are in the rear diff? If you put white face gauges on top that read in mph, they won't light up since they won't overlap the numbers properly - may be easier to go to a junkyard and get a new gauge cluster if you really want mph reading.