• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

where to mount a cd changer

  • Thread starter Thread starter 976er
  • Start date Start date Dec 3, 2005
9

976er

New Member
Dec 3, 2005
5
0
0
Dec 3, 2005
#1
  • Dec 3, 2005
  • #1
I just bought a 12 disc alpine cd changer for my 97 stang. I am trying to find a good spot to put it, it won't fit under the front seats, and the trunk is kinda full with subs and amps, plus I'm afraid the cd changer will skip if i put it by the subs. I have seen some people but them under the rear seat which I think would be sweet but I don't know if I start cutting in there if there is anything that I need to be careful of such as wires or any other important stuff. If anyone has any tips they would be appriciated.
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
Dec 4, 2005
#2
  • Dec 4, 2005
  • #2
how about the center console or the glove box depending on the size
 

zincyellow03

New Member
Jul 5, 2004
0
0
0
My dead ho likes Chicago
Dec 4, 2005
#3
  • Dec 4, 2005
  • #3
iskwezm said:
how about the center console
Click to expand...

+1

Or maybe you can stick it under the dash somewhere
 

Camper/Pickup

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
8
0
0
Dec 4, 2005
#4
  • Dec 4, 2005
  • #4
the changer wont skip if its in the trunk. Ive seen those on paint can shakers playing.
 
9

976er

New Member
Dec 3, 2005
5
0
0
Dec 4, 2005
#5
  • Dec 4, 2005
  • #5
no it won't fit in either the glove box or the center console, I had considered that, but its a 12 disc changer so its kinda bulky. I also considered under the dash but there isn't a whole lot of room there either, I am a tall guy so nobody ever sits behind me, I think I am going to just velcrow it on the floor behind my seet for now, I can always move it, plust there its easily accessable to change cd's
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
631
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
R
Fuel Pressure Loss
  • Ricco Suave
  • Oct 7, 2023
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
910
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 7, 2023
Ricco Suave
R
J
Progress Thread Family member 1989 GT- Backstory and updates
  • JRC99
  • Apr 19, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 26, 2025
JRC99
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?