Wheres the trans temp sender for 95 auto

monkeystuffer

Sep 25, 2011
My trans temp is stuck on 175 all the time even when cold, anyone know where the sender is located, how ot test it, or other reasons gauge reads 175 all the time (in case its a common problem u know about already)

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

As the car doesn't come with a transmission fluid temperature gauge this must be an aftermarket gauge or you are confusing it with something else. Also the factory coolant temperature gauge does not show numerical values.

yep, it was the oil pressure lower right, i thought oil was an idiot light on this car, oh well, one less thing to fix then :)

Still doesn't make sense. The oil pressure gauge reads L - H. there are no numbers. FWIW the sending unit is a 6 psi switch. The needle position has no meaning other than indicating that there is at least 6 psi to the sending unit when it moves from L to somewhere on the gauge.

FWIW for future searchers, you can view the TOT if you can datalog.

I can data log (AEM-EMS) but the EMS output is in volts. I have a voltage vs. temperature table to tell me what the temperature is. I'm guessing that other systems convert the voltage to temperature directly as the AEM does for coolant and air intake temperatures. Perhaps someone using an AEM-EMS knows how to do this for the transmission fluid temperature.