Which cam's are best for me?

jomull55

May 20, 2007
lucas, OH
hey guys im planning on getting the new trickflow heads and a set of their cams. the thing is im torn as to go with stage 1 or stage 2. can someone predict how each will act and what advantages/disadvantages i will see. this will be mainly a street driven car but i do plan to take it to the track. so i want to get the best track times and still have a bit of street driveability.

stage 1
Trick Flow® Track Max® Hydraulic Roller Camshafts for Ford 4.6/5.4L 2-Valve Camshafts: TFS-51802001 - trickflow.com

stage 2
Trick Flow® Track Max® Hydraulic Roller Camshafts for Ford 4.6/5.4L 2-Valve Camshafts: TFS-51802002 - trickflow.com

thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe call Trick Flow and ask them? :shrug:

Is this a daily driver? How much track time is the car going to see? How comfortable of a ride do you want? What other mods do you have? Just based off of the mods on your sig, even with the new heads, I would go with the stage 1 cams.

No one is able to give an answer because these cams are very new on the market, and hardly anyone is running them in their cars yet.

Also, I beleive you will run into piston to valve contact problems with the Stage-2's with a PI head. I beleive they are designed to work with the Trick Flow heads without any clearance problems.

No one is able to give an answer because these cams are very new on the market, and hardly anyone is running them in their cars yet.

Also, I beleive you will run into piston to valve contact problems with the Stage-2's with a PI head. I beleive they are designed to work with the Trick Flow heads without any clearance problems.

i believe so too, i am going with the tfs heads also. i wish trickflow would release some dyno #'s with the stage 2 cams