Which car is better?

Good morning everyone, I'm currently saving up some money, and I was curious what do you guys say is the better long-term purchase? A 2014 Shelby GT500, or a newer mustang GT?

My plan for this purchase is to buy one and maintain it forever... I don't plan on ever selling the car once I have it. I also don't plan on taking it to any drag strips or anything like that, I would want this car to be my new daily driver to and from work (only about 20 miles a day), and take it on weekend cruises.

I also would add that while I do like the newer Shelby GT500's, they're a little out of my price range lol, so I'm not seriously considering those. As for now, I would say my limit would be under $50k.

I apologize if this has been discussed before!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Gosh. Clearly to me, I'd rather own a 662-hp performance oriented where everything from the engine to the suspension had been addressed than a GT. I would also note that newer cars typically depreciate at a faster rate than old ones. So, to me, the answer is pretty clear. However, you might prefer the newer interior, options/amenities, and probably fuel mileage more in a newer daily. So, I think this is a very personal decision. But when it comes to coolness and fun factor, I know which way I would go.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Gosh. Clearly to me, I'd rather own a 662-hp performance oriented where everything from the engine to the suspension had been addressed than a GT. I would also note that newer cars typically depreciate at a faster rate than old ones. So, to me, the answer is pretty clear. However, you might prefer the newer interior, options/amenities, and probably fuel mileage more in a newer daily. So, I think this is a very personal decision. But when it comes to coolness and fun factor, I know which way I would go.
You make some good points. I actually don't really care about the newer interiors and all that stuff, so I have to agree with you and get that Shelby. Thanks so much!