Which clutch for my car ...!!!!!!!!!!

Mustanggt108

Sep 23, 2005
which would be the best clutch for my 04 GT (Manual) ?
and also which would be a good clutch for a 97 GT (Manual) ?

something that is good and not as stiff as the clutch that comes on the 03/04 cobra

thank you

• Sponsors (?)

From what I heard the king cobra is a pretty stiff clutch and they do not make one for the 04. You can get if for the 97. I just put a Mcleod stage 2 in my 01. It feels real good, not stiff at all. Just a tad bit stiffer than stock but you wouldn't even notice after a day of driving.

King cobra feels like stock to me. I recommend it for any pre TR3650 trans.
But as for your 04, since they don't make KC for TR3650, I say Centerforce DD or Macleod.

Just don't bother with SPEC

I love my KC, the pedal is light and the thing grips very well..

me and another tech at my dealer have mustangs, both of us run KC's and his car is a 347 stroker making quite a bit of power. if the KC was not a good clutch me and him would not have them.

in fact I think all the major clutches for these cars are just fine, the centerforces are damm good, so is the mcleod and the few spec cars I have drove and worked on felt good to.

a clutch is like gears, the install will make a difference.

why is everyone telling him to get a king cobra? he cant get one for his year....and i have a spec clutch (stg. 2) and have had no problems with it because i got a good install, and replaced everything that needed to be replaced during the install. If you get up to a stg 3 they will all be more likely to chatter because they are race clutches. Dont be scared of spec. I have put thousands of miles on mine and it has been great.