Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

90mustangGT said:
Not one of these threads again!!!. Either will split the block with anything more than a mild H/C/I up top.
yup

I am just going 331 mostly because of personal preference, and it will be a fairly mild 350 rwhp(hopefully) NA daily driver. If i had the money i wouldn't be doing either a 331 or 347, but a Man O War 427 with a KB on top would be my choice.

this topic = :dead:

I don't know how a 331 could be any better when it comes to boost or forced induction. All I do know is that my 347 made 365 hp to the wheels, and 381 tq. with a lil 125 shot I'll be hitting 450+ hp and 500+ tq. btw the wet kit is sitting in my garage waiting to be installed but first I need to install the tci c-4 sitting next to it.

forced induction= more power no matter what cubic inch motor it is. My chp 347 short block was the same price as the 331, thats really the only reason why I went that route btw. another point my motor does not burn oil nor do you see blue smoke coming out the ass.

Let's rack some miles up before we comment on if it blows smoke or not or burns oil. To many are commenting when they have 10,000 miles on it. They can last a long time.

tony - The 331 is better with high boosted applictions because the piston has more material to it (stronger) and has less sidewall pressure with the less aggressive stroke. That is why.

5spd GT said:
Let's rack some miles up before we comment on if it blows smoke or not or burns oil. To many are commenting when they have 10,000 miles on it. They can last a long time.

tony - The 331 is better with high boosted applictions because the piston has more material to it (stronger) and has less sidewall pressure with the less aggressive stroke. That is why.
LOL. I am sorry, I try to stay quiet on things but things like this are starting to get to me. Just because you read or hear things, that doesn't make you a connoisseur or a voice to listen to when it comes to something you don't have. Come on now, for real....are you really helping a guy out when you give an opinion on something you don't have any "first hand" experience with. To quote you, in a sense, too many are commenting on motors they don't have nor have they built. Unless you build or own a 331 or 347 why should you even have an opinion on the matter.

bubbapizzadough - Let me ask you. So if someone doesn't have a 306, should they comment on it?

I have ridden in several 347's...know those with 347's, drove a couple. Just because it isn't in my personal car...I can't comment on real facts. Hmm...

Has Grn92lx built a 347? Nope. So tell him the same.

So if someone has 347 cubic inches under their hood, they are now an expert huh?

Facts are facts.

I listed them.

First off why the name callin???? Secondly, if I were looking at buying brand new car, say a 06 GT, should I listen to a guy that has the 06 about them (whether he built it or not) or should I go off of what someone else has read or what some know it all that has...o wait...ridden in one....has to say. Come on now. Grow up! You have no real experience with them....HAVE YOU BUILT ONE? DO YOU NOW OR HAVE YOU OWNED ONE? I didn't think so. I am done with you now, its safe to assume you know it all so I am wasting my breathe.

First off, pizzadough is hardly personal. It was quick crack for fun. I was bored.

Secondly, if you want an 06, your going to get a bias view from an owner of an 06. Sort of like the owner of a 347 that hasnt' built one. Not pointing any fingers though;)

I do not know it all. But I know the facts on the 331/347. It is simple physics. It is easy.

You haven't built one either (so far as I know) there 5spd.

You like to say that it all comes down to simple physics like that is supposed to explain everything. It doesn't. There are motors out there that have a greater rod angle than a 347 that run 100,000 miles +. Show some hard data where 347s die prior to 331s or quit this constant bickering. It's old already.

--thread closed--

Reason: Lots of folks with no practical experience arguing over how a hair is to be split.

Status
Not open for further replies.