Which nitrous kit for a newb?

• Sponsors (?)

ZEX! It doesn't leave any power on the table...a Zex 100 shot is the same as a NOS 100 shot.

The Zex kit is the easiest to install and use and one of the safest out there. I have been 100% satisfied with mine.

If I had it to do over again, I would go with a Zex "wet" kit. The box has been altered alot since I bought my dry kit. The box is half the size it was.... and being able to mix the fuel in at the same time is all the beter.

If you don't plan to pay the price for a bottle heater, the zex kit is one of the few that adjusts according to bottle pressure. I've seen this work first hand when racing in the middle of winter against a similar calibur mustang with a different kit. The other kit dropped the hp a lot more with a cold bottle as the shot dropped his fuel pressure remained the same, basically giving him a bad tune (too rich).

If I had it to do over again, I would go with a Zex "wet" kit.

I'm leary of wet kits on 5.0s. Where does the Zex wet kit inject the fuel/nitrous? I'm always afraid of puddling.

Plus, I think it's an absolute must to run a window switch (3000+) with a wet kit. I like being able to spray off idle with my dry kit.

A wet kit is safe as long as you dont spray under 3k rpm. The air speed is too great to allow the fuel to puddle at least up to the 175 shot size then you should be looking at plate kits or direct port setups IMHO anyway, the biggie with ANY n2o kit is the rev. limit...hit that and boom as they shut off fuel.

I would make sure you have a window switch, and a bigger pump if you go bigger than a 125+shot.

One thing I like about the wet kits is the extra or added load of the fuel is not put on the inj. like a dry kit does.

I had a NOS 5115 kit. I've looked at many other systems and I think if I was to do it again I'd get the ZEX dry kit. I'm not looking for big HP just a small 50-100 shot and I don't like wet kits and the puddling that happens.

All in all, the NOS 5115 kit was beautiful and a trusted name [Holley].