Which of these front control arms should I buy?

gnx547

Sep 26, 2006
On my 94 Gt, my front control arm bushings are bad. I'm looking to buy a new pair of control arms. I'm looking at the Cobra control arms and the AJE racing tubular control arms. I'm thinking about the AJE but not sure about the quality of them. Anyone here using AJE control arms? Are they made in the USA? Of these 2 control arms, which one should I buy?

1994-04 Mustang Front Mild Steel Tubular Control With Spring Cups by AJE Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

1994-04 Mustang 03-04 Cobra Style Front Lower Control Arms by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

• Sponsors (?)

I rebuilt my stock ones with urethane bushings and MOOG ball joints...Night and day difference. The factory arms are plenty strong and i see no reason to go tubular unless you are doing a coil over swap.

So to the OP i say get a replacement to your worn arm and rebuild both sides with energy suspension urethane mounts and some Moog Ball Joints.

If you don't want to rebuild your control arms, I'd recommend the 03-04 Cobra arms. You'll get a (basically) stock part with new bushings and new ball joints. ford says the bushings are better than the non-Cobra arms, and the ball joint is supposedly a "low-friction" model. they also push your front wheels out about 3/8" on each side. I have the 03-04 a-arms on both my 'Stangs; the GT's tires are both flush with the fenders now, but the Cobra clone has one tire sticking out a bit. Not sure if it's fender issue or a k-member that's not quite centered right. Just something to be aware of.

I remember before they got popular the 03/04 arms used to be $2XX. :(

I rebuilt my stock ones with urethane bushings and MOOG ball joints...Night and day difference. The factory arms are plenty strong and i see no reason to go tubular unless you are doing a coil over swap.

So to the OP i say get a replacement to your worn arm and rebuild both sides with energy suspension urethane mounts and some Moog Ball Joints.

How much does that run?