Which pulley kit did u install on ur 94/95 5.0? BBK or March?

• Sponsors (?)

STREETFIGHTER50 said:
are the bbk's polished then powdered clear? i see the march pullies are hardcoated, whatever that means???
Just to get the terminology correct.

Powdercoat - process where charged paint particles (dry) are sprayed on to oppositely charged parts and then baked to melt and cure paint particles. A pretty rugged finish as far as paint goes, but only mildly resistant to solvent.

Hardcoated / Anodized - a process for aluminum where the aluminum is forced to oxidize in an acidic bath to form a hard, protective coating of aluminum oxide on the surface. Dye can be added to the process to color the piece. Anodizing is a pretty durable finish and is resistant to solvents.

I heard there was an issue with the BBK's finish on the pulleys causing a disruption in the way the belt would turn. Evidently the coating would come off and make the pulleys turn unevenly. I went with some Mac pulleys, they were cheap and definitely work great.

illwood said:
Just to get the terminology correct.

Powdercoat - process where charged paint particles (dry) are sprayed on to oppositely charged parts and then baked to melt and cure paint particles. A pretty rugged finish as far as paint goes, but only mildly resistant to solvent.

Hardcoated / Anodized - a process for aluminum where the aluminum is forced to oxidize in an acidic bath to form a hard, protective coating of aluminum oxide on the surface. Dye can be added to the process to color the piece. Anodizing is a pretty durable finish and is resistant to solvents.

Sounds like hardcoating is more durable then.