Which suspension components to replace/upgrade?

mustangman94

Mar 5, 2004
I have a 94 GT and I'm going to upgrade all my suspension. I already have polyurethane sway bar bushings, monroe rear shocks, and sway bar end links.

I am going to buy front struts and lowering springs. I just don't know what kind of struts to get. I think I want monotube because the rough ride doesn't bother me. I also have extra upper/lower rear control arms so I'm going to box them in and put polyurethane bushings in. What other things should I replace.

My steering is very loose, I think the rack and pinion needs to be replaced, but I'm hoping it's something else. Does any one know what could make it so loose?

I'm only a college student and have a small budget so nothing to fancy:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

on a college budget.... C springs from gefracing(i believe around $120) and tokico struts. This is exactly what I bought when I was in college lol. :nice:

full length subframes from MM would also be a great addition to your suspension.

for your steering you could replace it with an 03 cobra steering shaft, their like $50

I would check your balljoints, tie-rod ends and your control arm bushings. If you need to replace any of these then you could do what I did and upgrade to the 03 cobra front control arms. You can get them from gefracing as well for $160.

There are tons of things to do to your suspension...it really depends on how much you have to spend!