• go with #2

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

1991vert

10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Ludlow, MA
need some help deciding...

option #1 is a straight shot and has one less bend to it...

33508.jpg

option #2 has one more bend in it, BUT brings it away from the headers...

33509.jpg

help :(

• Sponsors (?)

#1 looks like you tried to cut corners.

Go with #2. Sometimes when I dont feel good I go #2 then I feel better .....so Yeah def go #2 youll feel better.....

#1 looks like you tried to cut corners.

Go with #2. Sometimes when I dont feel good I go #2 then I feel better .....so Yeah def go #2 youll feel better.....

we all feel better after #2...:D

well rick knows what he's doing so of course i'd take his input into consideration. the whole purpose is to make the air cooler, not hotter lol.

KEEP THE VOTES COMIN'!!!

Number 1.

Straighter is better. Air does not heat up as air is being "pressured" in at WOT.

Either way, Rick is always the best one to talk too about it. His opinion overrides all:)

http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-185436.html

Ask an HVAC guy about 90* bends in his duct runs. Each 90* is the equiv of adding more lenght to the run as it robs energy and actually causes the air to warm up slightly.

Granted, those headers could warm it up even more. Is there a #3 with less bends?

if i had a bigger engine bay with a 1 cylinder motor in it maybe :D

those are the only 2 i could come up with...unless i did a 45* bend about 1/2 way down.

this is why i made this thread, because i'm undecided. do i add more travel or do i take it away from the headers :shrug:

How about #1.5...lol I'm far from knowing it all, but I've been around the block a few times. I'm staring at a nice 1000hp+ NMRA Rengade fox right now.

Straighter is better as far as airflow is concerened it is crucial on a NA application, boost set-ups you can get away with more.

Can you get a 90 degree silicone elbow direct off the intercooler, then you could soften up the hard radius and bring it up into the engine bay a little smoother.

If your against flipping the intake, you could do it similar but bring the pipe up across the dist and into in the intake like you do with a drivers side mounted blower. With the intake flipped look into a LOKAR throttle cablw, you can trim this to fit.

As far heat goes it is important but on a 94-95 car Procharger's airfilter is located right above the header
94cobra3.jpg