• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Whining in front

  • Thread starter Thread starter PEWTERPONY
  • Start date Start date Nov 5, 2004
P

PEWTERPONY

Founding Member
May 22, 2002
829
0
0
NE Atlanta
Nov 5, 2004
#1
  • Nov 5, 2004
  • #1
I thought I had tranny whine, but the more I listen, it sounds like its from the pulley area. Almost like the pulley is binding on something.

Any ideas?

Time for new pulley?
 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Nov 5, 2004
#2
  • Nov 5, 2004
  • #2
Power steering fluid?
How's the belt look? Is it cracking?
 
P

PEWTERPONY

Founding Member
May 22, 2002
829
0
0
NE Atlanta
Nov 6, 2004
#3
  • Nov 6, 2004
  • #3
Fluid is fine......I check the belts all the time....its fine also
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Nov 6, 2004
#4
  • Nov 6, 2004
  • #4
Mine is doing the same thing. I think since I recently changed out my idler pulley it may be the tensioner. At least that is the area the sound is coming from. Mine gets really bad on cool days.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Fog horn sound
  • brandon4v
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
90
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2026
squeak93
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
140
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
W
Electrical 91 GT Alternator Replacement Question
  • willrh111
  • Oct 22, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
422
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 23, 2025
nickyb
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
395
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?