Whirling noise coming from front of Engine. (Video)

Hey all,

For the past two weeks i have been hearing this whirling noise coming from the front of the engine. Sounds like its coming from the water pump, but I am completely unsure. Power steering doesn't make any noise. I was wondering if it could be the fan clutch as well. I posted a video, so any help is appreciated. Water pump is less than 3 years old too.

Thanks

http://s943.beta.photobucket.com/user/sdracing402/media/VIDEO0009-2.mp4.html

• Sponsors (?)

Take the belt off and start it up..and if you don't hear the noise ..it's one of your pulleys or the alternator or the belt itself. Also check the harmonic balancer. Also when the belt is off spin every pulley and listen for a grinding/dragging sound indicating and bad pulley.

Take the belt off and start it up..and if you don't hear the noise ..it's one of your pulleys or the alternator or the belt itself. Also check the harmonic balancer. Also when the belt is off spin every pulley and listen for a grinding/dragging sound indicating and bad pulley.

I didn't think of that at all. My Alternator is less than 4 months old, but doesn't mean its not bad.

Do you know if the fan clutch will make this noise as well if its starting to go bad?

Thanks for the response!