Who does rear gear changes in NW Ohio?

mklovell

Jun 19, 1999
Fremont, Ohio
Wouldn't ya know, I just got a 2003 RED GT (my 4th mustang) that only has 5k miles on it and is completely stock :) . Wow, been awhile since I've had a stock stang. Anyways, one of the 1st mods I want to do is get the rear gear changed to a 4.10 and the local tranny shop quoted me "$500-$600" with my gear. Seems a little excessive but I do want it done right. They were telling me that I would need a new bearing set also, regardless of how many miles were on it!? I have the gears coming from FRPP. If anybody has any info on a shop that will do it in the Sandusky, OH area (I live in Fremont) for a reasonable price let me know.

I'm going to Norwalk Racewy Park on Wednesday to get a baseline before I do anything. This '03 seems to stick much better than my last ride which was a 13 second 88 LX. I have a long list of mods I want to do of which following the gear is the shifter, mufflers, pulleys and I'm thinking about getting the Diablosport Predator tuner. Let me know if anyone has used this and what they thought about it. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)