Who makes a good subwoofer/amp?

• Sponsors (?)

Get a JL Audio W0 series sub. It will satisfy you and sound great. Trust me, I used to be big into audio. For that price you can get a 12" (12W0) fairly easily.

For a amp, Concept makes good stuff and they seem to sell for very cheap on ebay, guess not many ppl know about them.

I have a 3 month old Bazooka EL 1500 that is strictly a sub amp I'll let you have for $110 shipped. I makes mad bass and I'll even you give an extra 80 watt amp for free I have sitting around. Let me know and the Bazooka amp is in perfect condition. :nice:

I have a kicker l5 10", it thumps great and is in the low $100 range with a $30 box from ebay. It blows my friends jl audio 10"er away. I bought the sub off of a site though, I'll try to get the link up here later. It was z something.

94TURBO5 O said:
I have a 3 month old Bazooka EL 1500 that is strictly a sub amp I'll let you have for $110 shipped. I makes mad bass and I'll even you give an extra 80 watt amp for free I have sitting around. Let me know and the Bazooka amp is in perfect condition. :nice:

JR - That's a pretty buff amp. Thanks for offering it. However, I would rather buy new stuff locally for something like that - just in case something goes wrong with it. :cheers:

You are going to get a million different responses for this question. From MY experence, I would say get a pioneer head unit, but stay away from thier speakers. If you want a good solid amp/sub combo for less than average money, go with sony. If you want to spend a bit more, I would go alpine R, infinity, or JL.

I like Hollywood sound labs amps they are strong and can handle pretty much anything you throw at them.

91LX_5L said:
For a amp, Concept makes good stuff and they seem to sell for very cheap on ebay, guess not many ppl know about them.
I had 2 of there 12's they sounded great but my hollywood 1000M 1ohm stable amp just killed them. They have two line the Bolt series and Strike series if I remember correctly the Bolt series was the better one.

Scott_95GT said:
You are going to get a million different responses for this question. From MY experence, I would say get a pioneer head unit, but stay away from thier speakers. If you want a good solid amp/sub combo for less than average money, go with sony. If you want to spend a bit more, I would go alpine R, infinity, or JL.

agreed 100%. I have a sony 800 watt amp powering a single 12" sony sub, and I am very happy with the results, sounds good. Also I have had no problems out of my pioneer head-unit and the sony speakers are decent for the cost.

I swear by JL Audio subs...I've had a JL 10W3 for 5 years now (been overpowering it the whole time to the tune of 400+watts) and it is still goin strong, sounds as good as the day I bought it. Next sub I buy will most definitely be a JL. :flag:

As far as amps, I have had decent luck with Kenwood amps...they're nice, quality amps for the money :nice:

Orion and PPI make amazing amps as well.

The best combo for the price would be a PPI amp and a JL sub off ebay. For speakers look into alpine they are pretty nice. For a deck/headuit alpine are awesome.

I perfer nice bass and a nice sound, rather then ouch my ears bass and damn that sounds like crap. Most people go for the 2nd meathod because they dont know any better. Trust me I've been there many times, now I downgraded to just a nice JL W3 12" sub and Im running a Crossfire amp, which are great amps, I got it for a awesome price but they are more for heavy loads/running loud bass rather then a musical/sound quality setup. I have changed my system at least 5 times.