Who makes a quality 5-6" cowl for a 99-04?

• Sponsors (?)

JohnBonnersCobra.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:drool: :hail2: :drool: :hail2:

Attachments

• JohnBonnersCobra.jpg
    JohnBonnersCobra.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 259
Not that it matters to anyone in this thread, but this is likely the hood (VFN) I'll be going with some time next summer for my Cougar. I had to chop some of the bracing out of the center of my stock hood to clear the blower, but this one should give me room to spare. It's only a 3" cowl by the way. :D

View attachment 407832
tbirdhoodbot.jpg

9697tbirdrear.jpg

One of the guys in the tccoa club with it on his car.....

10lrg.jpg

Attachments

• tbirdhoodbot.jpg
    tbirdhoodbot.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 9697tbirdrear.jpg
    9697tbirdrear.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 10lrg.jpg
    10lrg.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 105
Yeah, but a hood like that needs to be complimented with a set of 15" Weld drag wheels. Just doesn't look right with a set of 17" or 18" wheels. :shrug:

I agree with this.. I think if it's for style purposes only.. this is a ridiculous idea. I can understand if its a MUST, for clearance.

I was not sure that you wanted this for function, or for looks. Sorry to the original poster.

Yep, I think that hood would look great with any size wheel within reason. It's just a kick ass looking hood. I will also need the intake clearance. I have a set of Alumastar 2.0's with the one piece fronts sitting in boxes in my closet.

When this hood goes on I was thinking of painting the hood laser red, but paint sides of the raised center section black. I was also contemplating addding a small black stripe down the side of the car and filling in the license plate portion of the stock GT front bumper cover.

Something like this, what'ya think? (work with me:)):

View attachment 407775

Perfect. That's exactly the hood I want. Thank's for the pics.

No problem. You wouldn't be disappointed in that hood, its awesome! I probably wouldn't be able to use it because i'm so short. That thing is TALL! I've got a picture somewhere from inside the green car, looking out.

Both of those cars are f'kin awesome :drool:

That silver car = teh ****nit!! Fastest Whipple Cobra in the country :hail2: :hail2:

No problem. You wouldn't be disappointed in that hood, its awesome! I probably wouldn't be able to use it because i'm so short. That thing is TALL! I've got a picture somewhere from inside the green car, looking out.

Both of those cars are f'kin awesome :drool:

That silver car = teh ****nit!! Fastest Whipple Cobra in the country :hail2: :hail2:

Cool, I would like to see that picture of looking out the windshield.