Who tries to race you???

Theres this douche in town that drives a riced out dodge avenger...3 ft tall wing and a 10 inch tach...he cruises town in 2nd gear all the time...he always revs at me and throws his hands up at me...cracks me up and makes me want to kick his teeth out at the same time

• Sponsors (?)

Nobody tries to race me. :shrug: Not even ricers, except for an old Ranger that was revving at a gas station back when my car was stock. I revved back then smoked the crap outta him on the access road. Then there was this Oriental girl in a metallic pink V6 stang that avoided eye contact at the light, then was trying to hot rod it and blow past me. :nonono: She got smoked too.

I actually had a guy in a POS Dodge Neon, probably the base model because it had the steel rims and grey bumpers, actually want to race me. He also had 3 girls inthe car with him.... it was pretty pathetic to say the least..

And no I did not race, I would not take a chance on getting a ticket or accident over a Neon.

Every BMW, Benz 500, Audi, and ricers. Sometimes it's just better to go slow and not take chances and profile. My Wife said something interesting one day "Look at the car you are racing, is it worth the gas $$, having your car confiscated for illegal drag racing, accidentally causing an traffic incident resulting in death to some car in traffic, going to jail, losing your license, watching your pride and joy be auctioned or driven by the police dept, being paralyzed b/c the guy you racing hits you, blowing your engine or HG? Why not wait for the weekend and go to the track?
It makes a lot of sense and I heed her advice, but I am a Stang owner and it just happens. :p
shift.gif

I hardely ever get lined up next to ricers to race them, and when I do the only time they act all tough is when theres a car in front of me and I cant go anywhere so they take off like they won or something. If I do get next to rice most of the time they pretned they dont see me hoping that I wont see them b/c I think alot of them know how :owned: they would get.

A clapped out, rusty '86 Ford Ranger tried to race my wife the other day. Too funny.

Speaking of Neon SRT-4s, I watched a video of a friend's road race at Road America. He races a Mustang in A-Sedan with many other groups. The SRT-4 is in T2 with the NA Cobras and Camaros and those things are scarry fast in a straight line. SCCA gave them a bunch of boost and the short block can handle it.

I actually had some old business man in the acura TL (270hp i think?) try to race me the other day :owned: . Besides that I get a lot of v6 stangs, trucks and the occasional integra. I did have to use a mercury cougar the other day for trying to creep on me at the light. I think a lot of the people try to act like they wanna race just to see you get in on it. Mustang eny.

Beemers mostly. Last night, I was checking out the 8 lb pulley I just put on my KB 1500 when a 5 35 pulled behind me. A young yuppie looking dude was in the car (I'll be 50 this year). I couldn't help myself, I pulled to the right and let him get beside me; he obviously wanted a piece of my stock looking 95 Cobra. We slowed to about 55, I dropped it into 3rd, and off we went, I watched him through my rear view mirror sucking up my exhaust. Moral of the story: watch out for old farts in stock looking cars; we think like teenagers; but have disposable income! Mods include: 1 5/8 BBK equal shorties, 2.5" high flow cats, 2.5" Flowmasters, BBK cold air intake, 75mm Pro-M MAF, 70mm BBK TB, Kenne Bell 1500 (8# pulley as noted above), AFR 165's, 36# injectors, 255 lph hi flow fp, MSD 6 BTM, dyno tuned (ran on street tune last night).

Others that I just laugh at are the middle aged dudes in their new Altima's, etc, that they bought because they have 250 hp. They think they're hot since they got rid of the minivan. I just laugh and won't even waste the gas to rev my engine.

I think god made modding your car expensive on purpose because by the time we are old enough to really afford the good stuff we're not as stupid.

on topic - I have a 39 mile commute, so I'm on the way home and I'm at a 4 way intersection, two lanes, just wanting to get home. I was changing my CD player at the red light and I didn't change it in time to start going exactly when the light turns green. So I finally look up and toss it into first and there is a early 90's maxima, stock, like 30 feet away with his flashers on. Are you kiddin me? We didn't even make eye contact or anything, I was changing a CD... these are the kind of people in my town.

mostly trucks and other mustangs around here,i dont know what it is with the trucks, every working class hero with exhaust wants a piece. im blue collar and own an old pickup myself so i can say that.my dad just bought a dodge rumblebee and he thinks he can take me,no respect!!!

Mostly slow cars. Grand am's, integra's, a couple wrx's, lots of trucks. I raced a Dodge turbo deisel truck one time. I dont pull up next to many ricers, but they like to throw revs at me when they're going the other way.

I've been trying not to race that much on the street. If I do it's usually only up to the speed limit. I got pulled over one time for drag racing, doing 60mph in a 35mph zone. Luckily the cop was a fellow stang owner and all I got was a warning for spinning tires :) . But I've got 2 speeding tickets in 2 years so Im really careful now and I go the speed limit 95% of the time.

i would swear on it that if your looking for some good racing around the st. louis area would be the place. i mean i have been to alot of states and main cities (traveling baseball team) but on weekend night none really compare to my town.

there are i will admit though some fast little ricers i have run into but i will get the occasional ricer weave in and out of traffic to pull up aside of me with the 5in can on the back and nothing to back it up with and like "Striped5.0" said will just speed up right away thinking thats another "W" in the win column.

around where i live you just never know what you will run into whether it be the WRX, VR-4, Supra, NSX, or the mini van! :rlaugh: Yeah i have a friend that is def. guilty of that.

i also remember before i got my car that i would never street race because it is very dumb and dangerous....but what can i say ***** happens!

Let's see.

Only other Mustangs rev up on me. I did have a few blazers pull up on the highway, but they saw my black cobra bumper letters. :owned:
Matter of fact, I had some Chevy suv pull up to me. He had an exahaust. Well, I take off from the light, but slowed real quick because there was heavy traffic in my lane. He speeds by, I guess thinking he did something.
pfft :nonono:

this one ricer was staring at me when i pulled into a spot so i flicked him off. he follows me out with his srt-4 laughing and acting like its time to own a rustang. WRONG! ate him up like a birthday cake in prison. i know im not stock and he had just an exhaust, but come on, i have a 10 year old car and he has a turbo. thats fair, right?

You ate an SRT4 without a head swap, or am I reading your sig wrong? Interesting...

Anyway, I always say it doesn't matter at all whose car is faster "stock", or costs more, is newer, etc. Run whatcha brung, and if you lose take it like a man (and come back faster :D). And racing on the street is stupid. :nice:
Dave

HairyCanary said:
You ate an SRT4 without a head swap, or am I reading your sig wrong? Interesting...

Anyway, I always say it doesn't matter at all whose car is faster "stock", or costs more, is newer, etc. Run whatcha brung, and if you lose take it like a man (and come back faster :D). And racing on the street is stupid. :nice:
Dave

it doesnt take a head swap to beat those guys, just a crap driver behind the wheel of the guy you are racing. those things arent THAT quick. now a z06 that i kept egging on to gun it, that was quick