Who wears it better, Ford GT or Chevy Corvette?

Who wears it better, Ford GT or Chevy Corvette?

• Ford GT

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Chevy Corvette

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Was there really ever a doubt?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Fort Knox, KY
FordGTvCorvette.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

IMO the GT by a land slide ! The new vette looks like a rice burner car.Also compare list price of both cars down the road in10,20 years :)
I get what you mean. The Ford GT is so distinct from any other style out there. It's iconic. If I had seen that picture of the vette above and they said it was Japanese or Italian, it wouldn't have surprised me. I just don't think we're used to looking at mid-engine cars as American, yet. I'm happy that GM is taking a shot at it, and truly I hope it works well and pushes the envelope further in a way that still leaves room for Ford to respond. I don't think they can do another V6 Ford GT after the Z06 and ZR1 vettes come out.

Thats funny :). The poll in this thread says YOUR the one that needs glasses.
1. "You're".

2. No it doesn't. It just says most people on a Ford site prefer a Ford.

I personally think the current GT is hideous, but that's neither here nor there. You stated that the new Vette looked Japanese, when it really doesn't. You'll notice that's the only part of your post I referenced. If anything, it's a blatant ripoff of current Ferarri and Lamborghini design language. The fact that it will perform like one of their lower-end models as well for about 1/4 of the price is icing on the cake. If GM hasn't alienated their primarily boomer Corvette customer base by putting the engine in the rear, and it has no Fiero-like issues from the move, it should be a massive hit.

1. "You're".

2. No it doesn't. It just says most people on a Ford site prefer a Ford.

I personally think the current GT is hideous, but that's neither here nor there. You stated that the new Vette looked Japanese, when it really doesn't. If anything, it's a blatant ripoff of current Ferarri and Lamborghini design language. The fact that it will perform like one of their lower-end models as well for about 1/4 of the price is icing on the cake. If GM hasn't alienated their primarily boomer Corvette customer base by putting the engine in the rear, and it has no Fiero-like issues from the move, it should be a massive hit.
Time will tell.Vetts are a dime a dozen,drive one off the floor and you've lost 10k.We'll see what both cars fetch when their 20 years old (or for that matter 5 years )from now :).Oh, and I owned a REAL Vette before & a Chevelle SS 396 & a Camaro SS .

Last edited:
We'll see what both cars fetch when their 20 years old (or for that matter 5 years )from now :).
That'll be irrelevant. One is a $400k+ supercar for the uber wealthy, the other starts just below $60k, where a blue-collar type can still barely afford it if they want to and depending on their situation. What will really tell is how many of the Vettes are still being driven in a few decades, appreciated and loved the way C5 and C6 cars are now by their 2nd and 3rd owners. That won't be happening with GTs, they'll be in collections, brought out for concours shows, with the occaisional Rowan Atkinson or Jay Leno type driving theirs once in awhile as the rest sit among high dollar European exotics, looked at, but rarely, if ever, enjoyed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
That'll be irrelevant. One is a $400k+ supercar for the uber wealthy, the other starts just below $60k, where a blue-collar type can still barely afford it if they want to and depending on their situation. What will really tell is how many of the Vettes are still being driven in a few decades, appreciated and loved the way C5 and C6 cars are now by their 2nd and 3rd owners. That won't be happening with GTs, they'll be in collections, brought out for concours shows, with the occaisional Rowan Atkinson or Jay Leno type driving theirs once in awhile as the rest sit among high dollar European exotics, looked at, but rarely, if ever, enjoyed.
Its "irrelevant" until its Your money.

Its "irrelevant" until its Your money.
No, it's irrelevant because you're comparing apples to oranges. No $60k car is going to magically climb 100s of thousands of dollars in value over a decade or two, and no $400k car that was a collector car from day one is going to plummet in value enough to catch the $60k car on the way down.

The new batch of Chevy designers are so :censored: up they have came up with this new Chevelle SS design.REALLY !?.
The demand for the 1970 SS was & still is in high demand they should of made a copy of it and added all the computer BS.
What a joke > http://www.horsepoweronline.com/2015/12/highly-anticipated-new-chevelle-ss-poised-to-excite-drivers/
That's an article from 2015 about a car to be announced in 2017 that never happened.

On the depreciation side of things, I think it's amazing that the '04-06 Ford GTs have gone from $150k up to $250+. It seems they list from $250-$400, but a quick glance at the market shows some, in my opinion, very nice sub 20k mile Ford GTs going for $250. An S&P 500 index would have tripled an investment from Jan 2006 to today without the cost of tires, brakes, oil changes, storage, and repairs. But still, to have such a car and still make stock market sized returns just for owning it is incredible.

On the depreciation side of things, I think it's amazing that the '04-06 Ford GTs have gone from $150k up to $250+. It seems they list from $250-$400, but a quick glance at the market shows some, in my opinion, very nice sub 20k mile Ford GTs going for $250. An S&P 500 index would have tripled an investment from Jan 2006 to today without the cost of tires, brakes, oil changes, storage, and repairs. But still, to have such a car and still make stock market sized returns just for owning it is incredible.
Exactly.

Ol' Real Time there wants to compare a limited-run collectible like that to a mass-produced sports car.

I'm not a huge fan of either. Makes no difference. If I had Corvette money lying around, it would look something like this:

1570799752799.png

Or this:

1570799914547.png

1570800079079.png

I guess I'm just an old fart :p

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
Maybe so but I don't think a single line is exaggerated. The shot in white above looks too close up to capture the actual side profile... you're missing elements from the back and front that should be visible in true profile. Just saying, it's a crappy pic and the car isn't as ugly as that inbred tiger.

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-coupe-event-4.jpg