whole lotta shakin' goin' on

SCORPION

Mar 2, 2004
Seaford, DE
don't come a-knockin' if San Diego Couunty's rockin'..... :banana:

felt that shyzzle all the way up here on base...wasn't much, but was pretty cool 'cause we got to go home early yesterday because we work in a condemned building!!! :rlaugh: gotta love the government.....

anyone hurt of property damage?

• Sponsors (?)

SCORPION said:
try the geological society web page or type in california earthquake....we actually had 2 within a minute of each other

yeah, i did a Google search. I read about it, 5.4 over the ocean west of TJ, and then an 3.something aftershock, been awhile since there has been a noticable on in SD. dont miss it though, dont need another one... :rolleyes:

You yungins aren't old enough to remember the big one we had back in the 70's (although Northridge was a pretty good one). That one knocked you off your feet. There was no "quick run outside" because you couldn't stand up long enough.
My old man was working up on a mountain road over looking the San Fernando Valley and he "watched" the quake roll through the valley.
After it was over it looked like ground fog over the whole valley, but it was dust that was shaken off of everything. Over a foot of water was splashed out of our pool. I had a huge book shelf "walk" across my room and fall on my bed. We had cracks everywhere.
If it wasn't for the property dammage and injury, It's an awesome experiance.

last month I read an article by a seismologist team that had used a new prediction technique to predict quakes across the "ring of fire", which stretches around the Pacific Ocean. They predicted a major quake would happen before mid-september if I remember correctly. :(

and Insurance companies will not sell earthquake insurance 90-120 days after an earthquake, so if you are trying to run out and get some you may be SOL.....the end of the world is nigh.......my advice is to soop up the stang and drive it 'til the wheels fall off!!!

1990StangLX said:
last month I read an article by a seismologist team that had used a new prediction technique to predict quakes across the "ring of fire", which stretches around the Pacific Ocean. They predicted a major quake would happen before mid-september if I remember correctly. :(
Love is a burning thing
and it makes a firery ring
bound by wild desire
I fell in to a ring of fire...