whos got the best full quarter pannel

I am about to start replacing my ds quarter and both trunk dropoff pannels and the pan between the trunk area and the rear seat. i was wondering where you guys think i can get the best full quarter from. i jsut want to start off with the best full quarter i can find so i dont have to spend 8 hours fitting it.

thanks,
tom

• Sponsors (?)

I got both rear full quarter panels for a '67 coupe I was working on from NPD. The quality was very good and they fit up very nice also. Although I don't have a lot of expierence with body panels, my friend that was helping me with it has been a body man and painter for 30 years and he was impressed with them.

Is the quarter so far gone you can't skin it or patch it? It's always been my opinion that you should try to leave as much original metal as possible. It's also much less expensive, the skins run around $100 and the full quarters are around $400. If you absolutely must have a full quarter I believe they are all being made by Dynacorn and can be bought at just about any vendor.

yeah i know what nos is but payin 600 bucks for a quarter seems rediculous. the quarter on my car is ladden with 1/4 inch pluss of bondo and to top it all off. i have had problems with the ds rear tire rubbing
it is because the quarter was replaced at one time in the cars life but unfortunately it was mounted almost an inch lower. probably beacuse the car was not leveled. so i am just going to throw a new quarter on. pluss it makes it easier to fit the trunk dropoffs etc.

Tom

I beileve the quarter patch panels are a thicker guage metal than the quarter skins and the full quarter panels.

Just something to consider - I don't want flimsy quarters so I'm going to use the patch panels on my car. It'll take a little longer but should be worth it. :shrug: I'm hoping they'll come out with 'improved' versions of the skins - alot of parts have been getting better over the last couple of years.

paintballtommy;6821663 the pan between the trunk area and the rear seat thanks said:
If it's the pan right in front of the gas tank the American Designer part will probably need some work. The one that I bought a couple years ago for a 66 (probably the same for yours) was flat in the area that should be bowed. It took awhile to get it close and it still wasn't perfect.

I don't know exactly what must be modified, that's what the NPD catalog says in it's description. Perhaps I would call them. When the quarters on my car (69 Mach)were replaced, they were skinned with panels from NPD. The damage on the quarters was mostly in the lower half. I asked my metal refinisher if he wanted me to spring for full quarters and he said in my case it would have been a waste of money.

I'm pretty sure I replied to you on the VMF and I gave you some incorrect info. I did some more research and here's what I found out.

There are not any repop coupe/convertible FULL quarters with the correct 68 C-scoop contour. They all have the 67 contour which is wrong. The FASTBACK full quarters (Dynacorn) are correct and are great pieces.

However, you can get just the quarter "skins" with the correct C-scoop contour for a coupe/convertible.

I replaced both of my quarters with dynacorn pieces and had no problems at all with fit.
As far as the difference in metal thickness between original vs dynacorn. I would love to get someone to weight them both to confirm that originals are that much thicker/heavier. Because, it may be another topic that holds surprising facts. Just my opinion.