Who's got the best LT's

• Sponsors (?)

claytucc3 said:
Not sure, I do know that BBK had some bad reviews in the beginning. I am not sure if this has been fixed.

Just got my BBKs and matching xpipe with converters on a few weeks ago , should have done them as soon as i bought the car , went on with no problems , time consuming but not hard , worth every penny and they are beautiful , ceramic coats are worth the extra 100 bucks , everything with O2 sensor extensions was $918 thru summitracing.com

68 & 00 GT said:
I have Jet Hots, and Jet Hot o/r X too. To do it again. I'd probably get BBK's. I can't get rid of my exhaust leak in the slip fit section. Not real bad, but unwanted just the same. Sound awesome otherwise, and the added RWHP was 18 over my magnaflow catted X.

You might wanna measure the diameter and call summit and order some Band type clamps from dynomax for that connection to see if that stops the leak. They are like 8 dollars or so each I think. but worth it

68 & 00 GT said:
They don't make any small enough. My primaries are 1 5/8 I think. I tried that.
Smallest they had was 1 7/8.

oh so its leaking where the primaries meet the collector , not where the collector goes into the exhaust ?? , if thats where its leaking , can you get the collector welded to the primaries and then band clamp the collector to the pipe ?

road rage said:
Thinking about getting LT's for 00GT who makes the best and where should I get them. Any idea how much it would cost to get them installed. :shrug:

No problems with the BBK's. I believe it was the MAC's that had the problems...leakage was the main problem. Most places who offered the main brands suggested the BBk's and Hookers in the L/T applications. Hookers get the nod mainly because they do not need to be removed if your tranny needs repair, BUT are typically higher priced than the rest. You have to loosen/remove the passenger side header with the BBK's to do tranny work.

As for place of purchase, you should shop around. I've seen some sites offering specials. I went with SummitRacing due to free shipping. They add a handling fee, though, but it's still much cheaper than anyone elses shipping rate!

If you have the tools and patience (and a friend), you can do the install yourself. The difficult part is the passenger side ONLY becuase it's a very tight fit. Plan on it taking the better part of a day to do yourself. If you have access to a lift, you're golden!! 4-5 hours, tops, then! Otherwise you are looking at $275-$325 to hae them installed.