Why it's important to have a wideband!!!

So.......long story short.....I finally started tuning my 331 / Vortech YS with an Anderson PMS. I have numerous attempts at it, but like all things go I was fighting against small problems that were becoming bigger problems. (idle, TPS, etc)

Tuned it to a nice 14's AFR, cruising was good, got onto highway rolled into throttle, about 3500-4000 rpm with no boost. Wham, AFR goes to 17+ and fuel pressure dropped to 25psi! :eek:

Long story short, car was running off only my 255 pump because the cheap ass fuse holder I used for my T-Rex pump for the past 3 years crapped out and I had no external pump. Apparently some of the cheaper ones will fail depending on how much power you are running through them. I'm glad I didn't open it up too soon.

Needless to say if I didn't have a wideband........ :violin:

• Sponsors (?)

We had a 69 Camaro with a ZZ350 crate motor and a D1 come into the shop and the owner said he swapped pulleys and couldnt get it running right. Might have been from him not knowing about anything and going out and beating it up and then blowing the side of his piston off. 10:1 Compression, 12 pounds and no intercooler = BOOM! It now has 8:1 comp and a autometer wide band on her haha