Why? More Craigslist

Our Craigslist just had a rash of inappropriately priced (all at $2,500) fairly new vehicles. They looked too good to be true and the ads all had some random or misspelled words in the title and description. I was thinking about ISIS conspiracy theories. Someone posted they were scammers from India and to flag them. Has anyone here seen this and figured out the scam?

• Sponsors (?)

Our Craigslist just had a rash of inappropriately priced (all at $2,500) fairly new vehicles. They looked too good to be true and the ads all had some random or misspelled words in the title and description. I was thinking about ISIS conspiracy theories. Someone posted they were scammers from India and to flag them. Has anyone here seen this and figured out the scam?
Lately, I've been shopping for a cheap travel trailer to put on my property out in the sticks so I can live on-site and get more work done out there (about 1/5 of the way done tearing down the old mobile home that's there, still got a barn and a shed to tear down, as well as a lot of landscaping to do and new fence to put up). I'm 100% convinced that either a criminal organization is using RV listings on CL in Texas to communicate. A crapload of ads out there that are completely unintelligible and seem to be written in some kind of code. I'm usually not the paranoid/conspiracy theory type, but there's a pattern.

I was told that they'll ask for your email and send you "more info" via email resulting in a nasty virus that gives them access to private info.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm. So, Canadians have stronger beer, but fake, weak Cobras? I guess there has to be a trade off somewhere. :shrug:

True, but remember, the "Canadian Cobra's" were around long before the "official" 1993 Cobra's were even a glimmer in Fords eye. And lets be frank.....a real deal '93 Cobra is still likely to lose against your basic V6 Honda Accord family sedan by today's standard.....

....but our beer will set you on your lilly white ass. :D

True, but remember, the "Canadian Cobra's" were around long before the "official" 1993 Cobra's were even a glimmer in Fords eye. And lets be frank.....a real deal '93 Cobra is still likely to lose against your basic V6 Honda Accord family sedan by today's standard.....

....but our beer will set you on your lilly white ass. :D

I'll give it to you. Y'all have to have something to be proud of. ;)

Author S. King has written that lost pet posters are actually organized crime communications. It could be.
How bad is the barn and shed that they have to go? They sound like potential places to store projects, extra cars and parts.

Lately, I've been shopping for a cheap travel trailer to put on my property out in the sticks so I can live on-site and get more work done out there (about 1/5 of the way done tearing down the old mobile home that's there, still got a barn and a shed to tear down, as well as a lot of landscaping to do and new fence to put up). I'm 100% convinced that either a criminal organization is using RV listings on CL in Texas to communicate. A crapload of ads out there that are completely unintelligible and seem to be written in some kind of code. I'm usually not the paranoid/conspiracy theory type, but there's a pattern.

Author S. King has written that lost pet posters are actually organized crime communications. It could be.
How bad is the barn and shed that they have to go? They sound like potential places to store projects, extra cars and parts.
Shed will probably be rebuilt using the existing frame, foundation, and salvaged metal from the barn. The barn is 2/3 collapsed on the junk it's still filled with, so It's not repairable.

Most CL scam ads will deal with the exchange of money. It's normall with money orders, wire transfers, green dot cards, etc.

You would think that no one would fall for these, but it happens all the time.

Joe