Why? More Craigslist

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if these cars are stolen and have bogus "tittles" that denote the incorrect year, or if people really just can't look at a piece of paper and type a number...

I won't buy anything from someone born in America, who hasn't got a basic grasp on the English language, or is just plain too lazy to use it. I've seen 8-year-olds with better spelling than that turd! It just screams unintelligent to me and quite frankly, I can't be bothered wasting my time on someone like that.

The sad thing is, this seems to be the new standard of grammar for the 25 and under crowd. Hell, I know a 23-year-old that can't tell analog time....and probably couldn't tell you the meaning of the word either.

America is in a sad state of affairs. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

Reactions: 1 users
In the new amerika we just teach people to pass a not very difficult test and hand them a diploma like they have done something great. Why? Because the govt says the smart kids are holding the other ones back. Let's even the curve.

Reactions: 1 users
In defense of Americans and our education, this poster seems to have Spanish as his original language. I personally don't know anybody who legitimately does not understand basic grammar. It usually seems to be older generations who misspell words and use "internet slag". I know most younger people spell words completely while texting and know how to use spell check if they don't know how to spell a word. I also have met people that can't read analog clocks but that's going to naturally happen more and more as technology gets more advance. I don't know how to use a typewriter. Not because I'm dumb, but because its not relevant to my life in this day and age.

Spanish, English, or even Spanglish... Calling a car that is neither a 1986 or a GT such... No excuse. I've seen GT cars called Cobras.

I honestly don't know if these folks think the potential buyers are stupid, edit: OR (stupid iPhone)it's just the sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My 1989 gt Vert title said gt.... Insurance said cobra....and ford said special edition ultralite by Vin.....guy I bought it from said it was a Saleen. Smh

How? Why??? Why do people advertise cars that they claim to have a good title for, yet are obviously not the year they are advertising?? Or even LX/GT?? I see two or three of these a week. Really gets my goat. :mad:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5468942993.html
Why are you even looking for another car?....isn't the green one enough?:nonono:

I'd write back to that guy that posted that illiterate crap and just btch him out for his bullsht understanding of the English language.

But then again, I'd have to be looking for junk that I don't want, don't need,...and have no interest in ever buying.

Like that blue vert.

Reactions: 1 user
It usually seems to be older generations who misspell words and use "internet slag". I know most younger people spell words completely while texting and know how to use spell check if they don't know how to spell a word. I also have met people that can't read analog clocks but that's going to naturally happen more and more as technology gets more advance. I don't know how to use a typewriter. Not because I'm dumb, but because its not relevant to my life in this day and age.
You must be kidding? I've found the exact opposite to be true, 99% of the time.

Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors will be a product of a persons education and environment regardless of the era they grew up in, but those of us baby-bloomers and Gen X'ers who were raised "pre-internet" were taught to use proper grammar and punctuation and did/do so on a regular basis. Some didn't do it well, but at least there was an effort made.

The excessive use of acronyms, lack of punctuation, plethora of basic spelling errors and downright horrible use of the English language you see littered throughout the internet, now a days definitely a product of the "nobody comes in second place, everyone gets a trophy and its my duty to question everything", late-Generation Y and post Millennial crowd. The sheer laziness and sense of entitlement displayed by that generation is staggering.

They're easy to spot. They're the ones who are too young to remember life before cell phones and the Internet and are continuously getting defensive and calling you a "grammar nazi" when you call them out on their lackadaisical attitude and utter stupidity.

Reactions: 3 users
Why are you even looking for another car?....isn't the green one enough?:nonono:

I'd write back to that guy that posted that illiterate crap and just btch him out for his bullsht understanding of the English language.

But then again, I'd have to be looking for junk that I don't want, don't need,...and have no interest in ever buying.

Like that blue vert.

Well.. I have a 351. I don't plan on putting it in the green car.. I think the pink flareside is going to get put back for my son.. Soooo It's either another fox, or an F100. Haven't decided yet.

And I spotted the blue vert while scrolling through foxes on CL. The title didn't match the thumbnail.:shrug:

You must be kidding? I've found the exact opposite to be true, 99% of the time.

Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors will be a product of a persons education and environment regardless of the era they grew up in, but those of us baby-bloomers and Gen X'ers who were raised "pre-internet" were taught to use proper grammar and punctuation and did/do so on a regular basis. Some didn't do it well, but at least there was an effort made.

The excessive use of acronyms, lack of punctuation, plethora of basic spelling errors and downright horrible use of the English language you see littered throughout the internet, now a days definitely a product of the "nobody comes in second place, everyone gets a trophy and its my duty to question everything", late-Generation Y and post Millennial crowd. The sheer laziness and sense of entitlement displayed by that generation is staggering.

They're easy to spot. They're the ones who barely remember life before cell phones, are are continuously getting defensive and calling you a "grammar nazi" when you call them out on their lackadaisical attitude and utter stupidity.
There,.....I did it. I actually "liked" something.

That makes me feel young.

Will prolly do it again.

Look, I did it again...... Used a word that is so far off the spell check radar, it can't even fix it for me. Man! I, I, I, I feel like staying awake all night and playing League! This is amazing!

I don't Know what all the fuss is about actually. If people want to look stupid I think it should be theyre right to.

BAM!!! That was sooo easy!! I ignored the punctuation check on my browser! Lets all go out and drink monsters for the rest of the day, go out as a group, and sit around at a table sharing instagram pics, and texting each other at the table.

The last one is the worst. No longer age defined. All you have to do to see what a cell phone is doing to society, is look out over a restaurant/bar floor and see how many faces are glowing. There'll be entire tables of family's (The parent's not even bothering to check little Johnny, and tell him to put the phone down. Because it either keeps him quiet, or they themselves are doing the same damn thing.)

Last edited:
How? Why??? Why do people advertise cars that they claim to have a good title for, yet are obviously not the year they are advertising?? Or even LX/GT?? I see two or three of these a week. Really gets my goat. :mad:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5468942993.html
That car is either an '87-88, or an '86 with an aero nose swap (pretty common). Speed density 5.0 narrows it down. That said, I wouldn't buy anything from a clown too stupid to spell anything in their ad correctly, and it's no GT. The idiot probably doesn't know that having a 5.0 doesn't make it a GT.