Why??????

• Sponsors (?)

pixie said:
I autocross my little 2.3... As for the 454... I don't belive in anything that's not naturally aspirated.... If you have to add something on, I feel for ya....So, if I have to go totally unrealistic, I'll go V-8....
Plus, that 454 was putting out over 460 HP at the rear wheels in my Dad's truck! (my dad builds drag engines for fun)

Well, that's interesting...

why?

pixie said:
Too many people way over-carb their engines....The Holley double pumper is quite sufficient, when adjusted correctly, for enough fuel flow to power that engine to it's limits....I'd rather get 8mpg than 4...

This is true, but a stock 454 could easliy run off a 750 cfm double pumper with 50cc pumps. If you bore it and then stroke it on top of other goodys you put on it, chances are 750 cfms may leave that beast thrusty for more fuel. Pop it on, run it and then check the plugs you may have to run some big a$$ jets or switch to a bigger carb like the guy said earlier.

Ok now lets get back to the four bangers :) I'm sure Mikes 12sec turbo 4 gets better gas milage than your BBC. I'm also sure that its more dependable than your BBC ( But not sure on that one since none of us drives right anyways). I think the cool part is the fact that he proubly spent 2500.00 for the car and turbo/engine and out ran a 20-30k Fire Bird (v-8). I would guess that it would cost 2500.00 just to build that BBC ( parts/machine work) even with you saving on labbor with your dad.

Disclaimer : I used Mike SVOR since I followed the build on it for over a year. I'm sure there is equaly fast 2.3L turbos out here.

Pro-Hawk said:
This is true, but a stock 454 could easliy run off a 750 cfm double pumper with 50cc pumps. If you bore it and then stroke it on top of other goodys you put on it, chances are 750 cfms may leave that beast thrusty for more fuel. Pop it on, run it and then check the plugs you may have to run some big a$$ jets or switch to a bigger carb like the guy said earlier.

Ok now lets get back to the four bangers :) I'm sure Mikes 12sec turbo 4 gets better gas milage than your BBC. I'm also sure that its more dependable than your BBC ( But not sure on that one since none of us drives right anyways). I think the cool part is the fact that he proubly spent 2500.00 for the car and turbo/engine and out ran a 20-30k Fire Bird (v-8). I would guess that it would cost 2500.00 just to build that BBC ( parts/machine work) even with you saving on labbor with your dad.

Disclaimer : I used Mike SVOR since I followed the build on it for over a year. I'm sure there is equaly fast 2.3L turbos out here.

The 454 is a dream of mine...I still have a mostly stock 2.3....The 454's hanging out on an engine stand... :( I just get to drool over it when I visit the parentals...
As for gas mileage, I'm curious to know what a turbo 2.3 gets...The only turbos I've ever driven/ridden in were in vehicles weighing a ton or more.
My car gets around 25mpg right now, and that's with an O2 sensor that's angry.
With a good sensor I was getting around 33mpg (highway).

pixie said:
As for gas mileage, I'm curious to know what a turbo 2.3 gets...The only turbos I've ever driven/ridden in were in vehicles weighing a ton or more.
QUOTE]
...Thats funny, EVERY vehicle I have driven/ridden in has weighed a ton or more. You do realize a ton is 2,000lbs. Unless your talking about a civic or a fiero, pretty much every car is going to weigh "a ton or more".....:nice:

93ConvertibleLX said:
pixie said:
QUOTE]
...Thats funny, EVERY vehicle I have driven/ridden in has weighed a ton or more. You do realize a ton is 2,000lbs. Unless your talking about a civic or a fiero, pretty much every car is going to weigh "a ton or more".....:nice:

Sorry, i guess when I think of tonnage as it pertains to vehicles, I think of trucks, ie 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton....I meant 1 ton trucks and larger (semis)

pixie said:
Screw the lottery...If I could talk my father into letting go of his Rat...(ie. big block Chevy), I'd shove that bad boy into my 'stang....

:worship: 454, bored over, stroked....mmmmm

Just have to weld the frame solid, push the firewall back, and upgrade the suspension a bit...throw in one of Daddy's Muncies....Holley double pumper (750), edelbrock manifolds, longtube headers, straight pipes.....

Okay...I'll stop dreaming now.....

Over weight elefant. I'd walk all over you in my 460.

I think a Saleen S7R and a Cobra be on my list for the lotto......maybe a Mack truck done up to toast all 8 rears for a city block. Can't resist a nice 12cyl pasta rocket either or a DHC2 Beaver, HD Fatboy, and massive amounts of acreage.

HD

pixie said:
The 454 is a dream of mine...I still have a mostly stock 2.3....The 454's hanging out on an engine stand... :( I just get to drool over it when I visit the parentals...
My car gets around 25mpg right now, and that's with an O2 sensor that's angry.
With a good sensor I was getting around 33mpg (highway).

I'm not sure my 2.3L is still N/A and in bad need of plugs and a o2 sensor. It's like 15-18 mpg right now. They did a thread on this and a guy got like 23mpg on a turbo 2.3L :)