• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Wideband recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter j69302
  • Start date Start date May 23, 2010
J

j69302

Active Member
Jan 31, 2006
325
1
29
May 23, 2010
#1
  • May 23, 2010
  • #1
I am looking into getting a a.f ratio monitor. I am not planning on installing it permanently, just plan on using it for tuning so I was looking at the single sensor kits.

I have a mild 302, edelbrock performer rpm heads, edelbrock air gap rpm dual plane manifold, crane energizer 260 cam, and holly 600 vac secondaries.

My question is, My X pipe is about 2 feet back from my collectors. I thought about just putting the O2 sensor in the the middle of the x pipe.

My other option is to just put it right after the collector on 1 pipe at a time. Is it safe to say that both banks should be about the same the manifold appears to split the carb in half but from what it looks is one half will feed a couple cylinders on each bank.

Last question is does anybody have any recommendations on what kits to use? I was looking at these 2. The first is a single sensor analog the seconds is a dual sensor digital. There is also a single sensor digital as well.

FAST 170634 - FAST Wide Band Air/Fuel Ratio Analog Gauge Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

FAST 170402 - FAST Air/Fuel Ratio Meters - Overview - SummitRacing.com
 
G

gjz30075

Member
Aug 30, 2004
250
0
17
Roswell, Ga
May 24, 2010
#2
  • May 24, 2010
  • #2
subscribing to this.
 
B

BenLX

New Member
Oct 18, 2008
1
0
0
Virginia Beach, VA
May 24, 2010
#3
  • May 24, 2010
  • #3
I recommend you use this kit:

LM-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Meter

Loads of technical data and FAQ's on Innovates site as well as very active forums.

A lot of people like the AEM UEGO as well:

AEM Wideband O2 UEGO Gauge - Monitor Air/Fuel Ratio with the Digital 30-4100 - Wideband O2 UEGO, X-WiFi, EMS Series 2, Engine Management, F/IC, Tru Boost, Gauges, and more Automotive Performance Electronics
 
J

j69302

Active Member
Jan 31, 2006
325
1
29
May 24, 2010
#4
  • May 24, 2010
  • #4
I just ordered the LM2 about. Innovate recommended I put it right after the collector and swap it from side to side to verify both sides are good.

Hope to have it plugged in this weekend.
 

calpolymustang

Member
Feb 1, 2004
217
0
16
Santa Rosa, CA
May 28, 2010
#5
  • May 28, 2010
  • #5
AEM from Summit.
 
A

A67auto

New Member
Jul 21, 2003
24
0
1
Sacramento,CA
May 28, 2010
#6
  • May 28, 2010
  • #6
I use this connected to my laptop. It does data logging and has an output to trigger a switch depending on what you set it for. A shift light, oil pressure, afr, temp, whatever you want.

Zeitronix Home Page
 
J

j69302

Active Member
Jan 31, 2006
325
1
29
May 29, 2010
#7
  • May 29, 2010
  • #7
well i went with the LM-2 kit from Innovate. got it installed today.

cruise is about 13ish and full throttle is 10-11.

I noticed when I am in 4th gear(on a 5spd) at 2000rpms, ill smoothly push the pedal down about a 1/4 way and the AFR goes to 16 and sometimes 17 then it comes back down.. I guess i need to play around with some pump cams.

Im having problems with the monitor locking up after about 15-20 minutes though.. i have turn it off and back on again.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
313
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
435
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
M
Resolved 1988 Foxbody - Overheating Summer
  • MDrisc
  • Oct 26, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
16
Views
861
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 17, 2026
fasterthangas
F
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
T
What's it Worth? 1979 Ford Mustang Cobra
  • toasterboy1
  • Nov 5, 2024
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
6
Views
1K
What is it Worth?!?!? Sep 8, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?