Wierd Beeping sound

Okay I'm getting this wierd beeping sound coming out of my dash. Now the only dummy lights that are on is the engine light, and thats it. The air bag light use to be on all the time but know the light only flashes when the car turns on.

So I'm thinking maybe something to do with my airbag since the light been on for the past 5 years and now no light but instead a beeping sound. Any Ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

It is the airbag, but I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. My brother's car is doing the same thing.

It should be 5 beeps, pause, then 5 beeps again, and it'll do that 4 or 5 times everytime you start the car. Is that what it's doing?

Yep it's beats about 5 times than repeats a couple more time and only does when I start the car. I drove to work and no more beeps during the drive (drive was only ten minutes), But when I got to work turn the car off than started it beeps again, turn it off on again more beeps. The only thing that was abnormal was my air bag light was not on anymore (by that I mean that for the past 7 years that damm lights been on when driving now light finally turned off).

my car had that same problem after the turob install. I put up with it for about a month, then one day i went crazy and pulled over to the side of the road, located the sound and ripped the plug out. It is the box mounted on teh transmission tunnell behind the cd player you can see it from the driver's side foot area. pull the plug and you will be happy. I dont know if this disables the airbags...but i dont care, i would rather die then listen to that.

It is the Airbag Diagnostic Monitor. It's a blue box mounted behind the shifter console / under the radio area.

When your airbag light flashes intermittently .... it is actually giving you a code. Check the code & fix it.

If it does give you a code & you've FIXED the problem ..... then you have to clear the the codes from the ADM.

BTW .... if it DOES NOT give you any codes .... CLEAR THE CODES anyway. It may have had a problem in the past (like a bad ground) and mysteriously fixed itself. The code just has to be cleared in order to get rid of the beeping. This is what happened to me.