Engine Will a 94 GT V8 and 5 spd swap into my 89 5.0 AOD

Rounder

Jun 10, 2015
Hi guys I could use a new motor and Id like to know if a 94 GT V8 and 5 spd will swap into my 89 Foxbody 5.0 that has an AOD in it now?
Will all the trinkets and clutch pedal stuff to make my car into a manual all swap off the 94?
How about all the EFI stuff will my EFI plug and play with the 94 GT or not ?
Appreciate any advice

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

The bellhousing and transmission are about 11/16" longer for the 94/95 transmission. You may fin d that the clutch cable and some of the wiring is a bit on the short side. Hopefully the driveshaft will not bottom out where the slip yoke mates with the transmission.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply
I would be getting the whole car (94) so wouldn't the cables etc be plenty long in the 89?
How about the motor and EFI swapping any issues there ?

The motor will be fine. You need to swap the intake, water pump and timing cover, and probably most of the front accessories over from your '89. You will also need to re-use your '89 distributor.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks
Another option I have to get a 5 speed in my 89 is from a 95 V6 3.8 car.
Would this tranny and all the trinkets like the clutch pedal etc fit into my 89 V8 AOD car ? Bellhousing, Flywheel....?

Last edited:
All the 302 engine blocks had the same mounting points. You. need to reuse the computer, upper intake manifold, engine mounted wiring harness, accessory mounts and body wiring harness from the 89. The 89 and 94 had a completely different computer and computer wiring harness setup.