Will Just Removing The Iac Require Resetting The Idle

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
Just a question because I bought a new IAC valve and my old one is probably still good and next week when I get back in town i might just put it back on and try. I was just wondering if just swapping out the motors will in fact change anything to where it will require an idle reset or adjustment?

I have the idle set fine right now but I'm one that likes to not have a part sitting around if its still good and if so i can take the new one I bought back.

• Sponsors (?)

nope, just swapping iac will not change your idle settings
cool.
tweaked the idle yesterday and drove it and it felt and responded fine, idled fine and i usually hate to mess with it once i have it like i want it but i figured just swapping back out wouldnt affect anything. I will still drive a few more days to see if it consistently does like it did yesterday and if so I willl at least know when i put back on the other one rather it is indeed bad or not

cool.
tweaked the idle yesterday and drove it and it felt and responded fine, idled fine and i usually hate to mess with it once i have it like i want it but i figured just swapping back out wouldnt affect anything. I will still drive a few more days to see if it consistently does like it did yesterday and if so I willl at least know when i put back on the other one rather it is indeed bad or not

You have a set up similar to where Im headed with my car. Can you tell me about where you are RWHP wise? Thanks

You have a set up similar to where Im headed with my car. Can you tell me about where you are RWHP wise? Thanks
When i had the car tuned in 05 it put down right about 286-290. I b ack tghen was still a rookie in alot of ways and didnt know what all questions to ask, ect. I also had a few things with the car that could of been up to date and corrected. I have all of those things up to date now and I am curious as to how she will do now. Been talking to some guys about a mail order and also have considered the QH as well as a dyno tune but unsure as to which way i will go if any. It's driving well enough and I am to buy a new truck soon so not sure.