• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Will Long Tubes Affect Drivability?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RioRed94vert
  • Start date Start date Jun 28, 2005
R

RioRed94vert

New Member
Jun 13, 2005
50
0
0
kansas city
Jun 28, 2005
#1
  • Jun 28, 2005
  • #1
IF I GO WITH THE LONG TUBES WILL THIS AFFECT MY LOW END TO BAD AND HURT PERFORMANCE? SOMEONE SAID THAT IF i HAVE A STALL THIS WILL TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM. IS THIS TRUE? ALSO HOW MUCH GAIN IS EXPECTED FROM THE LONG TUBES ( hp/tq) ARE THEY WORTH THE MONEY ON MY CAR? i NEED TO SEE 14 IN THIS HEAVY BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

cavscout371

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
277
0
0
Jun 28, 2005
#2
  • Jun 28, 2005
  • #2
you'll be alright with long tubes now I think a couple of the guys that have lowered cars have a little bit of ground clearance issues but at the same time I wouldnt expect a miracle throwing on headers but I would hope that you might be able to pick up a tenth and some change with them.
 

fushnicken

New Member
Apr 2, 2005
41
0
0
NJ
Jun 29, 2005
#3
  • Jun 29, 2005
  • #3
I have similar mods like you, with BBK long tubes being one of the differences that your thread is asking about. You can check out my garage and timeslip. I was able to break the 14 sec. barrier and the long-tubes certainly haven't hurt.

Strangely enough, I now have this urge to break the 13 sec. barrier. Is that wrong?
 

krahkin

Member
May 7, 2004
183
0
16
Acworth GA
Jun 30, 2005
#4
  • Jun 30, 2005
  • #4
Just remember, you will need a new mid pipe to go along with it. Do yourself a favor and get the ceramic coated also, I love them!
 
H

harley02

New Member
Aug 29, 2004
110
0
0
Tarpon Springs, FL
Jun 30, 2005
#5
  • Jun 30, 2005
  • #5
I put them on my first 95 and I enjoyed them immensely. Didn't get to do a dyno pull after the install of them. I went w/the MAC LT and matching ProChamber H pipe. Fit like a glove. No driveability issues whatsoever.
 
F

fiveohh94gt

New Member
Dec 26, 2003
277
0
0
Jun 30, 2005
#6
  • Jun 30, 2005
  • #6
only drivability issue you might have is ground clearance. with an eibach pro-kit i try not to go over speed bumps with my l/t's, some of the taller ones will catch the collector and scrape a little. i dont have any before and after numbers but there's deffinatly a sotp difference in the higher rpm's and no loss on the low end
 

18mustangs

New Member
Jun 8, 2005
533
1
0
Virginia Beach, VA
Jun 30, 2005
#7
  • Jun 30, 2005
  • #7
You'll have no driveability problems with LTs except ground clearance if you're lowered like others have stated. I gained low end torque when I swapped my equal length shorties and stock h-pipe for my LTs and o\r h-pipe. I love the power and sound of them as well. You'll be very happy, but if you've got emissions testing you could be in a bit of trouble as some locals do not let you move the O2 sensors from their stock positions.
Tim
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Boosted Boss 302 HP/TQ
  • coltoncaskey12
  • May 24, 2026
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
157
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech May 24, 2026
coltoncaskey12
C
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Which one of these 3 intakes make the most sense for my 331 combo
  • from6to8
  • Jul 25, 2024
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
7
Views
2K
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Jul 26, 2024
AeroCoupe
A
95 Gt intermittent backfire
  • A_A_Ron
  • May 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
465
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 26, 2025
A_A_Ron
A
S
Upgrade Advice on an 89 GT Convertible NJ
  • SteakDad
  • Apr 17, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
964
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 18, 2025
limp
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?