• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Will lowered rack mount reduce bump steer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter millhouse
  • Start date Start date Feb 18, 2004

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
1,985
0
46
Simpsonville, SC
Feb 18, 2004
#1
  • Feb 18, 2004
  • #1
Just curious as I can have my mounts lowered on my k-member. Would this help reduce bump steer, and possibly negate having to buy a kit, or am I seeing this all wrong.
 

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
3,514
1
0
Massachusetts
Feb 18, 2004
#2
  • Feb 18, 2004
  • #2
I don't know what your asking, but offset steering rack bushings will move the rack higher, to level out the tierods more, which will reduce bumpsteer. If you lowered your car more than 1.5" then you will probably need a bumpsteer kit, which is just tierod ends with spacers.....
 

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
1,985
0
46
Simpsonville, SC
Feb 18, 2004
#3
  • Feb 18, 2004
  • #3
Well, the thing is, I'm changing my complete front end. I'm swapping in a aje k-member/a-arm/coil over kit...and for some reason, I asked to drop the rack mounts by 3/4 inch. Now, I am installing a 99 v6 spindle assembly which does lower the tie rod mounting location a little (I think)...but hopefully I did not make a huge mistake by asking him to lower the rack location. I do believe I still have time for him to change it, as I just ordered the kit yesterday. I do plan on lowering her a tad...maybe 1-1.5" max.
 
J

jerry beach

Founding Member
May 20, 2002
2,671
0
46
Ocala,FL
Feb 18, 2004
#4
  • Feb 18, 2004
  • #4
Go to www.maximummotorsports.com look at the rack lowering bushings and bump steer kits and all you questions will be answered. I trust their word on stuff, cause they have done so much research. Thats why their stuff is not the least expensive out there.
 

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
1,985
0
46
Simpsonville, SC
Feb 18, 2004
#5
  • Feb 18, 2004
  • #5
Great information...but it still doesnt completely answer my question. Should I call up AJE tomarrow morning and tell him to locate the rack in the stock location?
 

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
1,985
0
46
Simpsonville, SC
Feb 19, 2004
#6
  • Feb 19, 2004
  • #6
ttt
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Suspension Foxbody mustang Steering shaft issue
  • Jakub2537
  • Sep 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
239
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 11, 2026
gkomo
G
79 steering rack problems
  • garyrc
  • Mar 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
169
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 8, 2026
AeroCoupe
Resolved 1999 cobra removed lower intake manifold to crossovertube
  • hvcobra99
  • Sep 6, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
0
Views
111
SVT Tech Forum Sep 6, 2026
hvcobra99
O
Suspension Extremely Quick / Light Steering
  • Okie
  • Oct 21, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
224
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 22, 2025
AeroCoupe
C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
273
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?