Will this belt size work?

Kevin R.

Jun 3, 2004
Ohio
I was wondering if I remove the UD alternator pulley I have now, and put the stock one back on, will I be able to use the same belt?

OR, is it too big of a difference in size that it won't work.

Help! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Really? My stock belt was way too large.

Now the alternator pulley is starting to affect my volts, and i want to change that one back to stock, but am not sure if the 89.5 belt I have now will still fit correctly.

Well, i decided not to change it after all.

I figure since the pulley probably is what killed my last battery, and the new one has a 3 year warranty, I'll just let it drain and then get a new one. :nice:

Didn't know I'd have this big of a problem for 10 hp. :nonono:

i was wondering, help me out, what pulleys would i HAVE to run to be able to run the 1/4 mile. i was thinking the crank, water pump and tensioner. cause i don't need the ps or ac and i have heard of people taking them off, i have no smog equip, and my battery will not be completely drained from just a couple of passes(1000amp battery). what do you guys think, am i being stupid? a very important question is, how would the belt be routed, i think i'm gonna need the idler pulley as well.

Stunner is a thread thief! :mad: :D

revhead, what kind of pulley's do you have?

I'm not sure if people understood my question. The pulley's are on the car, but the UD alt. pulley drops the volts too low. Will i be able to keep the current belt if i swap out the UD alt. pulley for the stock one, while keeping the other two UD pulleys on the car.

Thanks.

I have a set of Steeda aluminum pullies. My voltage drops too low at idle. You will probably have to drop half an inch off the belt length if you go back to a stock pulley on the alternator. Tell me if it fixes your problem, because I might have to do the same.

Kurt

i apologize Kevin for asking a question on your thread, i just found it kindda dumb to start a whole new thread for this question, which has a lot to do with what your asking. i believe our cars would benefit from running less pulleys