• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Will this work? (Flywheel)

  • Thread starter Thread starter nugget68
  • Start date Start date Jun 24, 2010
N

nugget68

Member
Sep 26, 2005
362
3
19
Jun 24, 2010
#1
  • Jun 24, 2010
  • #1
I am gathering parts for my T5 conversion, I have the trans from a 92 GT, bellhousing also from fox body. Zoom clutch that came with the trans whick is still usable. New throwout and pilot bearing. I need a flywheel. I have the one that came with the trans but I know it is wrong, 50oz imbalance. I need to know if this flywheel will mate up with my zoom clutch...
JEGS 601350 JEGS Flywheels

Thanks in advance...
Ryan

BTW...going in a 68 coupe 302...
 

rbohm

Founding Member
Apr 12, 2002
6,698
550
204
tucson,az
Jun 24, 2010
#2
  • Jun 24, 2010
  • #2
that flywheel will work as long as it matches the bell housing. if the bell housing is a 157 tooth bell, the flywheel will be too big and the starter will not engage.
 
N

nugget68

Member
Sep 26, 2005
362
3
19
Jun 24, 2010
#3
  • Jun 24, 2010
  • #3
thanks...i guess i need a 157...how can i tell if my zoom clutch will bolt to the flywheel? i have heard that late model clutches may have a different bolt pattern from earlier clutches...
 

coolblue65

Founding Member
Jul 26, 1999
1,224
2
39
Algonquin, IL
Jun 24, 2010
#4
  • Jun 24, 2010
  • #4
I believe most aftermarket clutches have dual bolt patterns...I would call the clutch company's tech line.
 

BarnStang

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
1,260
3
39
Hagerstown, MD
Jun 24, 2010
#5
  • Jun 24, 2010
  • #5
One option you could consider is to find a "good" machine shop that can rebalance your 50oz flywheel to 28oz. I've done two this way. Especialy if the zoom clutch fits the flywheel that came with the trans. The machine shop "should" permenently stamp the flywheel so later on there will be no mistake what was done. Do a search on t5 conversion flywheel or some other varations on that and you will find lots of threads on this issue. i am partial to centerforce clutches, but if what you have is in good shape, no sense buying another. Make sure you have the flywheel resurfaced too. Just something to consider.
 
N

nugget68

Member
Sep 26, 2005
362
3
19
Jun 24, 2010
#6
  • Jun 24, 2010
  • #6
I found a machine shop to resurface and rebalance the flywheel for $100...probably do this since I know it will mate with the clutch and clutch is in pretty good shape, this should save a little money i guess...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
450
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
264
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
For Sale Borg Warner WC T5, Stock Bell Housing, RAM Clutch Set, Double Hump Cross Member, & Pro 5.0 Shifter
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 9, 2025
  • Drivetrain Parts
Replies
3
Views
835
Drivetrain Parts Sep 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
N
Vibration issue
  • Nicolaj
  • Apr 14, 2024
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
2K
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Nov 8, 2024
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?