Will this work for a 5 lug upgrade?

judson85

Jan 21, 2009
VA
I've got an 86 LX originally a v6 but now has a 5.0. I found this on craigslist and want to know if this will work before I buy it.

He has listed an
8.8 REAR END WHICH IS COMPLETE FROM BRAKE ROTOR TO BRAKE ROTOR WITH CALIPERS, FRONT A- ARMS AND ROTORS TOO.
He says they came form an 86' LINCOLN LSC.

Eventually I want to run either 17" or 18" bullet wheels.

Is 300 a good deal on this stuff? I'm kind of on a budget right now but really do want to do the 5 lug disc brake upgrade.

• Sponsors (?)

The Lincoln rear axles may be longer than the Mustang axles. This would cause the rear wheels to stick out too far and rub the inner fender. Go here and find out... See 87-93 Mustang 5.0 Brake upgrade pages. Improve your 60-0 times! for the best and cheapest brake upgrades and 5 lug swaps. The site doesn't sell anything but some fittings, but the tech notes are great. It tells you what junkyard or remanufactured parts to use to upgrade your brakes. It has almost everything you could want to know about Mustang brakes on it.

I could be wrong but I think in 86 the LSC had a 7.5" rear end. Also the front A-arms are for airbags so they will not work on a Stang. I think the rear spring perches will also be a problem. This is all from memory so at my age this could be wrong! ;o)

Yeah I think I've decided against it. The guy said it was a straight bolt on that he was going to put on his 93 but sold the car first. I've never seen one in person but I would imagine the Lincoln is quite a bit larger than a mustang anyway. Oh well, I figured it was too good to be true.

just find a 94-98 v6 and grab parts from it, i called all mind for 200 bucks at a pull your own parts junkyard. master, booster,front spindles,calipers,rotors,, rear rotors,calipers,cables,hardware and axles... so if i can find it so can you.

it took a few months of here and there searching but you'll find it.

i just need to buy rims/tires so i can put all this stuff on :D

The Lincoln rear axles may be longer than the Mustang axles. This would cause the rear wheels to stick out too far and rub the inner fender. Go here and find out... See 87-93 Mustang 5.0 Brake upgrade pages. Improve your 60-0 times! for the best and cheapest brake upgrades and 5 lug swaps. The site doesn't sell anything but some fittings, but the tech notes are great. It tells you what junkyard or remanufactured parts to use to upgrade your brakes. It has almost everything you could want to know about Mustang brakes on it.

:jaw: man you hit!!!! thanks for the linki:nice: