Will this work on my 65? / Parking Brake Assembly

DissFigured

Apr 26, 2005
Dallas, TX
I have a 65 and I bought this which is for 66:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2555168716&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I know the equalizer for the 65 is different than the 66 but will this one work?
Mine aparently uses this one:
View attachment 489897

The 66 uses this:
View attachment 489898
It appears that everything is there that I need w/ the exception of the return spring. which I am going to get from dallasmustang.com

I have the lever and cable to the equalizer.

My assumption is that the cables are the same.

So, from looking at that ebay auction, do you think the 66 parking brake assembly will work on the 65? (I realize I should have asked before purchasing but in the catelog, these parts were over $100 and on ebay, they were $35 I had to gamble)

• Sponsors (?)

DissFigured said:
I have a 65 and I bought this which is for 66:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2555168716&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I know the equalizer for the 65 is different than the 66 but will this one work?
Mine aparently uses this one:
View attachment 489882

The 66 uses this:
View attachment 489884
It appears that everything is there that I need w/ the exception of the return spring. which I am going to get from dallasmustang.com

I have the lever and cable to the equalizer.

My assumption is that the cables are the same.

So, from looking at that ebay auction, do you think the 66 parking brake assembly will work on the 65? (I realize I should have asked before purchasing but in the catelog, these parts were over $100 and on ebay, they were $35 I had to gamble)

The cables are not the same in that your 65' uses 2 cables and the 66 one pictured is one big cable that does the same thing.

The 66' stuff will work fine on your 65' though. I've done it several times in the past so I know it is not an issue.

Just remove the pair of cables you have now and replace them with that single 66' one. The 65' bracket that you pictured gets lost because you will use the horseshow shaped 66' one. Everything else you should have (or should get) for your 65' is identical to the 66' stuff. That includes the spring, equilizer lever, and the rear tranny mounting crossover bracket.

By the way, it is hard to tell but the adjuster bolt shown in the ebay picture looks messed up. If it doesn't look like the 65' one, you might have, replace it.